Saturday, December 31, 2011

Festival of Lights

The weather has been unseasonably warm here so on December 29th we headed down to the Festival of Lights at the Zoo. Since I am not a cold weather fan this is not an event I am usually dying to go to but this year it was in the 40s/50s so I was excited to go. Our friends the Sheltons joined us and although it was uber crowded and we spent most of our time in line for the train, we had a really nice time.




Beck was checking out the polar bears


Although completely blurry I had 2 reasons to put this on here:
1) Lights..this is the only picture I have with any actual lights...lol. Rather
2) The girls were smiling...together! They have been in a rough patch the past few months and fighting is at an all time high. If anybody has suggestions or books to read on raising siblings that get along please let me know. So many of their friends play well with their siblings, but alas, not mine. It is so tough for us all!


Julie and Cooper enjoying the night.


Thanks for joining us, Shelton family!



Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

How fun! I love light displays that you can walk through. We never made it to the zoo to see their display- maybe next year!

I wish I could help you with the fighting. While our girls usually get along I do know the fighting has increased the past couple of months. We once did a sticker chart that we called "Good for God" and the girls got stickers when they made good choices. We didn't give rewards- the reward was knowing they made a good choice (sharing, not hitting, etc). I may have to do that again and maybe it's something you could try. If I come across any good books I'll let you know! :)

Julie said...

Thanks for the shout-out my dear! It was a fun night and your pictures are great! Can you send me those so I can make prints?

Hang in there with the girls. Have you checked out Beech Acres? http://www.beechacres.org/home.aspx
I haven't done a specific search for sibling rivalry/fighting but give that a try. You're an amazing mom and are doing the best you can! They'll get along one day, I promise. PROMISE. :)