Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Years!

Last night we had an odd predicament. We actually had baby sitters but neither of us wanted to go out and party. Odd, right?

So we decided to have Jason's parents and his aunt, Robin, over for dinner. We then turned on the xbox and everybody played a few games (fruit slice, dance party, darts, etc). The kids were having a blast. Once we put Matthew down, Jason and I went over to our friends' home until about 10:30pm. We came back and relieved Jason's parents and aunt. It was nice to have a few hours to be with friends!

Robin has been in town about a week, and it has been great to have her around. The kids just love Robin and have a blast playing with her. I have to admit I have been very spoiled the past week with Robin, Stan and Bettye. One night, they kept the girls. The next night, they kept Matthew. They kept Matthew when we had to run places that weren't Matthew friendly (like Ikea...the girls wanted to play in the kids area but he is too young for the play area) and it was nice to know we could just drop any kid off if we needed to. Thank you for all of the help, Robin, Bettye and Stan!




Laney playing fruit slice


Matthew was actually pretty good at it. What a little man!


Have a safe trip back to TN Robin and hopefully see you soon!

1 comment:

Pigtail Mama said...

The older I get the more I realize I enjoy a low-key NYE. Yours sounds perfect! It's nice to get out for a bit but then be home in time for midnight (and to avoid to crazy drunks on the road...ugh). Glad you had a good evening. Happy 2012!