Thursday, December 8, 2011

Ella's Christmas Performance

Monday was Ella's 1st Grade Christmas performance. Since the elementary gym is under construction the performance was held at the high school. This night was the K-2nd graders. It was so much fun to see all of the kids up there, singing their hearts out.

The music teacher did an amazing job getting all of the kids to sing, on key (ok, kind of on key), do arm motions, sing in parts and just have a great time. But what I was most impressed with is every single child had a special line, a special dance or a special instrument to play at some time during their classes' performance. That must have been quite an undertaking with all of those kids but she made sure each one was included.

Ella's line was, "Listen as we sing about this fun tradition in the song My Dreidel." I was a nervous mama as the word tradition can be a tricky one in front of an audience. But our girl nailed it! She looks so stinkin' cute and delivered her line with ease. I performed on this stage many times in high school and hope this is the first of many times Ella will be on this stage (sappy much?).

Both sets of grandparents were able to be there but unfortunately Jason was out of town. My friend watched Matthew (there is no way I could have handled him there) and Laney sat with the Willetts. I was the Japanese tourist with my camera in one hand and the video camera on the other. The video turned out fairly well and only tilted side ways a few times :) It is over 20 minutes though; I need to break it up so I can get it on utube.


The Kindergartens were up first.
The girl with the red dress and pink gloves is our neighbor Willow (loved her facial expressions)
And the girl in the all red dress is Ellie who lives down the street.
They did great!


Then the 1st and 2nd graders were up
Although this pic is blurry, I was really impressed with the zoom lens.
I was waaay in the back :)


Would love to know who Ella and Patrick spotted :)




What a difference a few years make. 
She sang, did the arm motions and watched the teacher for every direction.
Quite a change from the shy girl we used to have who would often just 
stand there not knowing what to do :)


And the big moment!!
I wish this picture wasn't so blurry but I was at the top row, zoom lens on, 
and balancing a video camera too.
I must have been a riot!
She walked to the front of the stage with such confidence.
How has she gotten so big?


Ella's really good friend, Marin, in a dress another first grade 
mom bought her from a recent trip to China.
Gorgeous dress!


Our neighbor Sophie


Ella and the boys were fighting for arm space :)
The boy to the left of Ella, Daniel, is my friend Melissa's son.
We always joke about them becoming an item because
 they both seem to talk about each other quite often!


She loved the pockets in this dress. I mean, who doesn't love pockets?


What a great job, 1st graders!

1 comment:

Pigtail Mama said...

I love Ella's dress! She is adorable! I love Christmas performances and wish the school did one for kindergarten. It's always fun to see the kids dressed up! Super cute!