Sunday, December 11, 2011

Downtown with Santa

In November, my parents bought tickets for Pancakes with Santa for this past Saturday. They were going to spend the morning eating and visiting with the man in red, but my dad (who coaches the 7th grade girls basketball team) had a game on Saturday so I got to go!


We first started off with sticker time.
Keeping with the Christmas spirit, I grabbed about 10 extra for those days when we are bored.
Yep, nothing like taking more than you need to keep you in a jolly mood :)


Laney's face when Santa walked in.
 This was her first time seeing Santa this year and wow, was she excited!


See? Excitement


I had to take a picture of Laney's oh so nutritious breakfast.
Pancakes, loads of chocolate chips and then 
pineapple (just to make me happy...but for the record, she didn't touch it).




What is this? My girls smiling together...next to each other?
Well, we were in line to see Santa so I am thinking they figured out
they better be on their best behavior.


I love this picture for the simple fact that this was Santa's reaction
when Ella said she wanted an IPod for Christmas.
Say whaaat?







We got about 5 printed off pictures from the event and the quality was great.
But alas, when I scanned them they became crazy bright.
 I tried to adjust but oh well, it just didn't work as I intended :)
Laney was quick to make sure that Santa heard everything she wanted:
An American Girl Doll, Ipod, Doodle Bear, Violin, drums and microphone.
Once again, over saturated :(
The pictures came in a frame you could decorate and as you can see,
Ella put a reindeer on the picture. She was so into make each from "their own."


We were the very last ones to leave and the only ones
to get a picture of Santa and the Polar Bear.
Does that make us famous??



This picture makes me so happy!


Santa also gave a bag of goodies....bubble away!


I loved this outtake :)







It was such a wonderful time. Usually events like this leave me with a headache and wanting a glass of wine but this took place at Union Terminal, a huge building. The room reserved was very large, there was assigned seating which was great, the food was all organized and Santa did a great job!

Thanks for getting the tickets, Mom & Dad, and hopefully the boys can join us next year :)

2 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

Those pictures of the girls with Santa are precious! What a fun activity for a Saturday morning. I'm sure the girls had a blast.

Also, I'm not really jealous that your girls are asking for iPods. :) I know that mine will be soon, but I am thankful we got off cheap this year. I know we won't be as lucky in the future! Our girls did ask for a dog, but I told them they were getting a brother or sister...ha!

Glad you had a fun morning!!

KAY POPE said...

Such a fun time we had - maybe again next year?