Thursday, September 18, 2008

Kids say the darndest things

A conversation on the way home from Ella's preschool.

Me: "Did you meet any new friends?"

Ella: "Yeah!"

Me: "Great, what are their names?"

Ella: "They don't have names."

Me: "Oh, they don't have names? Then what do the teachers call your friends?"

Ella: "Baby....The teacher calls them babies."


Hmmmm??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While Laney and I were playing with the dollhouse, Laney put the daddy doll on the potty.

I asked, "Is the daddy going potty?"

She then said her first real sentence:

"My daddy goes pee-pee."

What a wonderful, true first sentence :) Thanks J for being her inspiration!

4 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

Hysterical!! I love that Laney's first sentence is about her daddy going pee-pee. Put THAT in the baby book! ;) Speaking of babies, how funny that Ella said not only do her friends not have names, but her teacher calls them babies. What a hoot!

Anonymous said...

Oh I just love the things kids say... Beau can get out of trouble because he makes me laugh so much. :)

Your girls are cutie pies!!!

Stephanie said...

Thats so funny!! Josie always puts our Daddy doll on the potty too, maybe the Dad's spend too much time hiding out in the potty!

Emily said...

I love that Ella said her teachers call her friends "babies." I'm sure she's probably one of those teachers who has "endearing" terms for her students like "baby." ie. "Oh, be careful and don't spill those, baby." "Aw, baby, did you hurt yourself?" "The dingo ate your baby." Sorry. Just had to add the last one for those Seinfeld fans out there.