Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Pageant


Although we don't attend St.Thomas on a regular basis, the girls do sing in the choir (go figure,right?). 
Carlton asked the girls to be in the Christmas Eve performance and our girls were oh to happy to be in it.


Our own Mary!
It was so cute when they were assigning parts. First Carlton asked who wanted a solo and speaking part and those kids raised their hands. He then said we have angels, shephards and sheep and divided those parts out. The older 3 boys were the wiseman. Ella raised her hand and said she didn't have a part. Carlton said, "Would you like to be an angel?" Ella said yes but you could tell it wasn't her first choice. Carlton then said, "Oh my , I forgot Mary." Ella's hand shot up like a rocket and there you have it, our Mary.
For the record, I played Mary when I was in this pageant but I was in 6th grade and sang a solo. Ella's Mary part had no lines but did get to hold the baby :)



Laney was the cutest angel


Ella with baby Jesus


At the end, the little kids got to come up and be animals in the manger. Matthew was a sheep and thank goodness actually listened without screaming something.

After the pageant, we went to the Kruegers for a little party with Cassia (their granddaughter) and then headed home to get ready for Santa.
Excited for Christmas!

No comments: