End of Day 2. Notice the pole in the middle of the picture. I wonder if we move that? The bathroom is on the left hand side and in front of the green ladder will be the bar.
A funny moment on Day 2: I kept throwing our clothes down the laundry shoot because although we were going to have Ricky move the laundry shoot another direction, the main shoot stayed the same (and he wouldn't be starting that for another week). So our clothes kept going down and down. After they stopped for the day I went downstairs to take the above picture. I found all of our dirty clothes in 2 laundry baskets on the other side of the basement. Why do I have a feeling the plumber kept getting hit with our dirty clothes? I was laughing and so embarrassed! LOL
Day 3:
No more pole :)
Ella and her pole dancing will be saddened (I wish I was joking about that!)
Our new bathroom
The concrete is wet on the left
Ella wanted to put her initials in it :)
The cold and hot water lines are running to the bar
The outside door and then to the left is the framing for the small refrigerator and microwave.
The open door is Jason's office.
It took me a second to realize this but look how clean the workers leave everything!
All the tools are in the corner where I am taking this picture. I am impressed they sweep up everyday.
The guys were joking that too much lumber was ordered.
Jason asked if they could return it and they said sure...but now they have to haul it away, back up the hill..lol.
I am so glad I wasn't here when this pole was taken out.
I told Jason I was worried the house would come crashing down (there are 3 main poles in the basement and this is the middle one). He said it was so loud as they were cutting it out but the house remained.
For the record, they put in a reinforcement in front of the water heater. I guess that puts my mind at ease :)
Today was lighting day and here is Jason's office with the can lights in.
Day 3:A funny moment: I came home from a playdate and Jason said they changed the angle of the door going into the unfinished space/laundry area. Of course I was fine with that (they are the pros, right?).
So I yell down to the basement, "Ricky." (that is the head contractor's name).
He replies, "Yes ma'am" I went to HS with Rickey and he is a woping 2 year younger than me so ma'am is not required but I think he likes to do it.
Me: "I heard Jason made a change in the plans without consulting me."
--At this moment, all of the hammering stopped and I had 6 or 7 sets of eyes looking at me (I honestly think they were kinda scared of this 5'5" machine).
--As I walked down the stairs (which were so dirty...and one of the guys even swept them as I walked down), they just stared at me, wondering if I was going to go ballistic.
--I then started cracking up and they all settled down. The 2 framers showed me the change which of course was 100% fine with me. Oh the look in their eyes was priceless!
I can not say enough wonderful things about the many workmen that have been in our house. They are polite, respectful of our space and never come upstairs (there is no real need given the outside entrance) but if they need something, they knock on the front door. They clean up after themselves each day and keep us informed of the progress.
They first estimated 4 weeks but Ricky was thinking 3. I will be happy with 4 :)
1 comment:
I can't remember the last time 6 or 7 pair of male eyes were concentrated only on me...
Post a Comment