We rented it for one hour so the guys and the girls could both have a turn.
For the record, Jen and I pedaled all 5 kids around the park--it was a lot of weight but we held our own :)
Jen & I had Matthew and Jack in the basket while Laney sat in between Carly & Ella.
I have no idea what Carly & Ella are doing...other than comparing tan lines :)
On Sunday morning, we decided to head to the Zoo. The kids lasted over 5 hours!
Laney liked the lizard.
They had an armadillo there and he was rolled up in a ball. It was so funny to watch Matthew decide whether or not he should touch it.
We have been to the zoo a few times this year, but had yet to see a show.
The Powells loved the shows last year when they went to the Natti and the kids were so excited to go see some. Here is the Cheetah Run (although he is not running in this picture..lol). They are so fast and it was amazing to see how well trained they are (thank goodness!).
The cute little penguins in the Children's Museum are more my speed :)
There was one little baby penguin who did not want to jump into the water. He would look at it and then walk backwards. Everybody around started chanting "You can do it" and that baby penquin did it. It was such a beautiful site to see him jump into the water and swim away as only penguins can.
I was trying to get a picture of Jack and Laney and right after I snapped this picture (I was sitting down to take it), this is what happened:
Everybody eating their ICEE's (this is right before Matthew threw some dirt on Jen...fabulous!)
Well, of course not :)
Matthew tripped and fell right on the concrete. The thud was unreal and even strangers stayed with me until Jason came back (he was a little bit ahead of me). It was so scary but in true boy form, he was fine and walking around in just a few minutes.
Such a fun weekend and we are hoping to come to Indy in September to see some of the Indy crew :)
2 comments:
Ouch, Matthew!!! Boys are so resilient, aren't they?
How fun that the Powells were able to come for a visit! I can't believe all of the stuff you did while they were there. I think I'm most impressed that you guys lasted 5 hours at the zoo!
I was cracking up at the pictures of the guys pedaling the kids in the bike! That is just hilarious!!!
You just cannot top bike rides, ice cream and snake-petting. How neat that you stay in contact with Indy buddies!
Post a Comment