I have heard a lot about this museum and the controversy surrounding it. Yes, it is obviously very religious, but I just hated seeing armed police men and police dogs on this beautiful property. It was a lot of fun to explore this with our children and also fun to see how much of the bible has been sinking in!
We also used the happy moods the kids were in to snap as many family pics as humanly possible. I bet there was over 100 (yes I was hoping for a Christmas Card pic)
One of our favorite parts was the Noah's Ark exhibit. The workers came to life and told the story of what they were doing to build the ark. The characters looked so real and it was very interesting to learn facts about the bible I had not heard before. They had described the animals' feeding system which was around so Noah didn't have to feed every animal everyday. It was a pretty awesome depiction of the buckets, ropes, and crates used to feed the animals their dry food.
There was a 13 question quiz. Ella got all of them right except for how many levels were on the ark. She chose 6 and it was 3.
After the ark we walked through the forest. It was full of animals and posing girls.
I really enjoyed the dinosaur exhibit. I always wondered about the dinosaurs' timeline vs. Adam and Eve. It was stated that dinosaurs lived when Adam and Eve were alive but the word dinosaur wasn't created until 1841 so that is why dinosaur is not mentioned in the bible.
I also found out that yes, dinosaurs were on the ark.
Noah just took them as babies.
Then we headed outside to the petting museum. Ella was so excited to ride the camel but the camel was resting until 2 pm. We weren't able to stay that late so hopefully we can go back and let her ride the camel.
The grounds were just gorgeous and it seemed everywhere we turned there was a great place for a picture. Once again, there were so many taken and some of the mistakes were hysterical but in lieu of keeping this post from being ridiculously long, I narrowed it down :)
Phew you made it past the family pics....
Now back to the petting zoo.
Matthew had.a.blast feeding the animals. I wish I had taken video but he would feed the animals, scream with laughter, run away and then come back. It was hysterical!
I forget the name of this animal but I remember it was a raccoon kinda thing. Matthew thought it was a hoot!
We found Ella talking to another girl, feeding little goats.
Both of the girls said the alpacas were too big :)
And who doesn't love one of those jumpy bridges? It was a lot of a great time until Matthew thought it was fun to jump on the bridge and then fall down. The adults were worried his fingers were going to get squished. Leave it to a 2 year old to turn something fun into something dangerous :)
Thanks for a great day, Nana and Pappy
2 comments:
I've heard of this museum but didn't realize they had to have cops patrol the area. Is it in downtown Cincinnati? It looks like a fun place to visit! Glad you had a fun time. Love all the pictures- the family pics are great!
Great pics! Dad and I visited there awhile back and had a really good time also.
Post a Comment