Monday, August 15, 2011

Red Bird Hollow


While the weather was cool last week, we decided to head to a nearby park called Red Bird Hollow. I remember walking with my dad for hours on end at this park (of course it was probably 15 minutes but to a kid, that is forever). It is all shady and the paths are so beautiful. I was excited to take the kids there and although we only had an hour before a friend's birthday party, we were excited to go throw some rocks :)


Once we got over the small stream, Ella was off.
I was shocked how much she was into the trails.

While Ella was off and running, Laney stopped to take pictures of everything.
Here is a beautiful house right when you walk into the park.


She had her walking stick

Matthew is ready now too


After about 15 minutes of walking, we headed back to the beginning which had the best spot for rock throwing.

I can't recall exactly what Laney was asking me but I have a feeling she is asking something related to her camera :)




Ella thanked me no less than 10 times for coming to this park. She kept saying how much fun she was having and how she can't wait to come back. It was a great feeling (as usually activities I pick out brings out many tears and screaming...and that is just from me!)





2 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

What a fun little place! I am sure the kids loved it. I see lots of hikes in your future. :) I bet the kids all slept well that night after all that hiking!

IUgirl78 said...

That place reminds me of Ritchey Woods. It's so nice to have a place to go and do a few short hikes for a change of scenery. Glad they had fun!