We did sleepovers and playdates often when we lived in Fishers and knew we would miss them a ton when we moved. Brian does work here in Cincy every 6 weeks so this time, the family came along. While Ella was at VBS, we went to the zoo for a few hours (thank goodness for shade and indoor exhibits). Amanda then came with me to pick up Ella from VBS. It was such a cute sight to see as Ella saw Amanda and ran towards her with open arms (and screams of joy).
Amanda played with Ella for a few hours and then Jenny and her other two children (Ella, who is Laney's age, and Aiden, who is a few months ahead of Matthew) came over for dinner. It is so nice when we get together because each child has somebody to play with :)
Last time we didn't make it to the giraffes so I was excited to head there.
It was a new exhibit (I believe) and you get right up there with them.
We got there right in time for each of our kids to feed the giraffes a biscuit.
It was a new exhibit (I believe) and you get right up there with them.
We got there right in time for each of our kids to feed the giraffes a biscuit.
Matthew wanted to feed him through the fence and given the giraffe's long tongue, he was able to get it.
The train is always fun (glad we got the pass where you get to ride the train every time) but the thing I think of when I see this pic? What is UP with my bangs??? Time for a haircut!
Smiling at the Polar Bear exhibit
Matthew was not so sure of the turtle but I was glad I got a quick pic
Getting them all to look was nearly impossible. But 4 of the 5 isn't so bad :)
These gorillas were just too cute.
The larger one was stretching his hamstring (or so I thought) and the little one just kept going up and teasing him.
You can't come to Cincinnati without going to Graeters (or is that just the ice cream lover in me talking) so we took them to the original one in the city next to us.
This is the fountain in the middle of the square.
This is the fountain in the middle of the square.
All 4 stayed in the same room and slept well--how could they not with the day they had?
When Laney noticed Ella S's skirt she was wearing the next day, she had to put on her matching one.
It was a great visit and we can't wait to see them again!
5 comments:
love the pictures. looks like a fun time. GM Jean
How fun! I am sure it is fun to see familiar faces. Looks like a great time at the zoo, too.
Have you always had a Nikon? I thought you had a Canon. Shows what I know! Which one do you have?
You are right, Kel! We have a Canon but that is Jenny's Nikon I have around my neck (she took pics of my kids feeding the giraffes with my camera and I did the same with her camera and her kids).
You are VERY good :) I see pregnancy brain hasn't set in yet...lol
Wow--I can't believe Kelly noticed that! (Of course she is kind of a photog-geek...and I say that in the nicest way possible!)
That zoo looks really nice! I noticed a lot of similarities between that one and the FW Zoo. (Like the big alligator that all of the kids pile on as well as the big ape--although I think it might be an orangutan at FWCZ.) Anyway, how nice that your friends could come and visit! Glad you had a great time!
So Matthew likes snake-petting but not turtle-petting?!! Great pics of terrific folks!
Post a Comment