Saturday, July 2, 2011

We started with 3, ended up with one


The kids have all been having many rough days lately. I am not sure why but by the end of the day I feel like I have fought a war (not sure most days if I have won or lost). I bought a special dessert to make with the kids on Tuesday and well, it is Saturday and they finally earned it. By earned it, I mean there were 2 hours without a meltdown, backtalk, etc.

When you have three kids that are close together in age, it is rare they all get to enjoy the same activity. Like tonight, we started with three kids making the dessert but by the end only one got to decorate it and eat it. Yeah, we are having major attitudes (Laney fell asleep during her fit and Matthew also was ready for bed). At least Ella made it from beginning to end (and enjoyed it) :)


I saw this in a magazine and thought it would be fun to make.
Notice the I Scream, You Scream...yeah, there was some screaming here too :)

Matthew loved the "spoon on the tote" technique of baking

We first mixed Rice Krispies, butter and chocolate together.
Then into the refrigerator for 10 minutues.

In those 10 minutes, Matthew found the left over chocolate chips

Then we dipped the cones with chocolate and put the Rice Krispies balls in.




This is how we STARTED :)

How could this cutie throw a fit, right?
Well....

One lone decorator at the end....

2 comments:

Le, Elizabeth, Ryker and Lulu said...

you are such a good mom - what a great idea!!

KAY POPE said...

You do such terrific things with your kids - you will be amazed at what they will remember down the road.