Last week, Ella did VBS at St Thomas (the church all of our kids were baptized in, we got married in, my parents got married in and the church my parents still attend). Ella had a rough drop off at her last VBS (but warmed up quickly) but still, I hated seeing her cry when we dropped her off. So at this VBS, my mom volunteered at registration on Monday so Ella could see a familiar face when she walked into the church. It certainly helped and Ella loved seeing her Nana check her in (thanks, Mom!).
The VBS was a week long and Monday-Thursday they practiced for the performance on Friday. The musical was entitled "The Old Testament in 10 Minutes...or 20 or 30 minutes". It was really cute. The older kids did most of the acting & singing, but the younger grades did a few great numbers and Ella portrayed a lion in such a fabulous way--her roar was spectacular (spoken like a proud mama).
Glad you had fun this week and I am so proud of you for meeting some of your new first grade classmates :)
I mean really, isn't she a great lion?
I thought it was so cute that when she walked in, she was so focused and wouldn't even look at us. Such a rule follower :)
I thought it was so cute that when she walked in, she was so focused and wouldn't even look at us. Such a rule follower :)
2 comments:
How cute is Ella as a lion?! Oh my goodness, too precious. I always loved VBS as a kid. I can't wait until both girls are old enough to go! Glad Ella had fun!
I have to admit, I'm intrigued by the idea of having the Old Testament summed up in 10 minutes...I'm not sure if I've ever read the OT for 10 straight minutes! ;)
Ella did a great job being up on stage in front of everyone. I'm sure that had to be frightening! Great job, Ella!
Post a Comment