Two of the three year old classes
To say this trip to Stuckey Farms was better than last year is a huge understatement! Last year it was cold, wet, rainy, uncomfortable. We didn't get to take a hay ride or go out to the apple field. Well this year, the weather was 60 degrees and sunny. We learned about bees and honey, turning corn into corn meal, types of apples, picked a class pumpkin and had some apple cider. It was fun to meet some of the kids that Laney talks about and some of the moms (who I rarely get to see). I also thought it was funny that of all the moms I talked to, I had the least amount of kids. Remember when two was the "typical" number of kids?

Seeing all of the bees

Watching corn meal


I couldn't believe that they all stool still and watched this video on making cider.
I was shocked how well they listened (if only Laney listened to me like this!).

I couldn't resist getting this picture

In the apple field
We tasted two different kinds of apples and then apple cider.
This was my favorite station, just for the record.
Seeing all of the bees
Watching corn meal
I couldn't believe that they all stool still and watched this video on making cider.
I was shocked how well they listened (if only Laney listened to me like this!).
I couldn't resist getting this picture
In the apple field
We tasted two different kinds of apples and then apple cider.
This was my favorite station, just for the record.
Laney thought that her teacher was picking out a pumpkin for her (not a pumpkin for the class). Laney was sadly mistaken but then turned her frown upside down when I told her that she got to eat her lunch in the car. Amazing how you can turn an upset kid to a happy kid just by making something exciting. But boy was she upset that the pumpkin wasn't for her!
2 comments:
How fun! I'm glad the weather was nice. I went to Stuckey Farms for the first time a few weeks ago- boy is it in the country! :) Love the pics and glad you were able to go on the trip!!
Yay for this year's trip being better than last year's! I love the first picture of Ella driving the bus. :) How neat that she could join you guys! Glad you all had a great time!
Post a Comment