Tuesday, October 12, 2010

We tried to go hiking

Yes, you read that right. Sunday was a gorgeous fall day, and we wanted to do the city version of hiking (aka, Ritchey Woods). The girls were excited to show Jason the trails and once our backpack was packed, we were ready to go.

But then, we had a delay. Ok, not a delay but a road block to our hiking. Once we showed up and saw a crowded parking lot, we knew something was going on. It was the Pumpkin Festival at Ritchey Woods (I didn't even know about this fun and free event). We had a blast! From the crafts, to the games, to the pumpkin carving, to the leaves, it was a wonderful Sunday!
























Does this make her a tree hugger?



Once we were done with the games, Ella was back to the craft tables.
While Laney was......



throwing a fit because really, what is a family trip without a little drama?

3 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

So fun! I love a good family hike, but it's even better when there are crafts involved! :) Great pictures- glad you had a good time!

Stephanie said...

I love RW! That pumpkin festival is cool. They have tons of stuff there all fall and winter too I think. I am going to have Josie do a camp there next summer I think:)

IUgirl78 said...

How did the Worthingtons not know about this?!?! We were actually going to go there when we thought we were watching Grace and Clare. Then when plans changed, we ended up going farther away. My kids would've been all over that, though!

Cute pics!