Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Stuckey Farms sure was yucky!



Today was my first field trip with Ella and Laney's preschool classes. I give the teachers and school an A+ for organization but the field trip itself really wasn't that fun. I know, bad parent thing to say. But it was wet and cold and THIS mom had her children (and myself) not dressed appropriately. They were in heavy fleeces but needed to be in their winter coats and hats. We were all very cold!

The girls and I had to pick which class to tour the facility with (Ella or Laney's) and we picked Ella's. Laney was upset from the beginning of the apple tour because she didn't get to go with her friends. Although Laney's teacher said Laney could go with her, I really wanted to spend time with both girls as mommy/daughters time (silly mom!).

This field trip sounded so much better on paper but nonetheless, it gave us something to do this morning :)



This was about the only smile Laney had all morning.
My poor baby really was so cold!



Learning about turning corn in popcorn,
corn meal and Indian corn.



Intently listening



Ella was front and center at the bee exhibit.
Behind the speaker was a cage full of bees they got to look at.



The next stop was the apple barn.
Here they learned about peeling, coring, slicing apples and then
the highlight of the trip was tasting the apples and the apple cider.



They tried a jonathan apple and a macintosh apple.



Bottoms up!



The difference is their attitudes today was so vast.
Ella had a great time and enjoyed seeing her friends.
Laney was upset most of the time
and would rather have been home.



The assembly line



They had a nice store where there were more kinds of butter than I
could ever imagine.
Sweet potato butter? Sounds fantastic!


The farm really was nice but since the weather didn't cooperate we missed out on a hay ride (where each class was going to pick out a class pumpkin) and picking apples :( If only I would have dressed the girls better, maybe it would have been a more enjoyable field trip. Someday I will get this motherhood thing down!

3 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

Love the new blog title! It's perfect!

Sorry you had such crummy weather for your field trip. :( What is it with these cold temps so early? I'm worried about Halloween! The poor kiddos are going to freeze.

It was nice that you were able to go on the trip!

IUgirl78 said...

Yay for the new blog! I love it!

Cute title for this post. I actually was thinking you that morning and wondering if your trip would still be happening. You guys are dedicated! I cannot believe that Laney was so upset about not being with her class. I hate to say it, but she looks cute with a pouty face. :)

I hope you all warmed up and dried out! :)

Emily said...

Wow. That looked miserable. Hope the next one goes much better!!!