Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pumpkin Fun Pendleton Style

On Sunday afternoon, we headed out to Pendleton to go to a Fall Festival with our friends, Erin and Steve and their children, Madeline and Jackson. For those that have not been to Pendleton it really has such a quaint, small town feel. I grew up in a small town and sure do miss these types of festivals. The girls got to pick out pumpkins (free ones!), ate popcorn (free popcorn!), painted crafts (free crafts!), got balloon animals (free!) but the only thing not free? The ice cream...but that is worth any amount of money if you ask me.



Laney and Madeline picking out their pumpkins



This is the pumpkin Laney wanted until we told her
she had to carry it to the car.
She thought about it and opted for a smaller one.



The final choice



I love this pic.
How did I get Ella to smile so big?
I told her that if she smiled, she would get ice cream :)





Madeline and her lady bug balloon



Ella waited so patiently for her balloon but I guess if I
was eating popcorn, I would wait patiently too.



Walking on hay--'cause that's how they roll in P-town



Madeline and Ella had so much fun together!
Madeline and Laney (who are about 2 months apart) didn't
play together at all but Ella sure loved playing with her new friend.



Ella asked Steve if she could bury him in leaves.
Who could resist that?




Align Center

Laney, be gentle with Erin. Yes, that is Jackson in the sling!


Thanks for a great time, Erin, Steve, Madeline and Jackson :)

5 comments:

KAY POPE said...

How in the world did you ever get Ella to wear long pants? And I do love her vest. What a great idea to have the girls choose a pumpkin they must carry to the car - sure cuts down on those big old pumpkins. It is neat you have such great friends to share fun times.

Leslie said...

Look at you commenting, Mom! I LOVE IT! I have a feeling my comments will be down since my blog went private but I am glad that you (and the rest of the families) are able to keep up with the kids.

I bought Ella yoga pants and somehow with them being called Yoga Pants, she loves them :)

Doesn't love a wall said...

Awwwwwww I am sad I missed my husband being buried!!!!! we loved having you up to our little slice of heaven.

btw I am going to steal a few for FB

IUgirl78 said...

I love it that Ella love the pants because they're called "Yoga Pants!" That's the key, I guess!

I'm glad you guys had a great time. I cannot believe you got all of that stuff for FREE! Small towns ROCK!!!

Sorry I didn't notice that your blog wasn't updating on my sidebar. I will try to check in every day to make sure I'm not missing anything!

Pigtail Mama said...

Aw! So fun! It looks like it was a blast. I love all the pics, esp. the ones of the girls in the leaves. Don't you just love fall? :)