Saturday, July 17, 2010

It's a girl, it's a plane, no...it's a fish!



Last week Ella took swim lessons at Forest Park Pool. For 10 straight days she swam her heart out. Before these classes she enjoyed the water but did like to bobb up and down or go under water. As the classes approached Ella was starting to say that she was scared of the water. With that being said, I had NO idea what to expect. Well, the first day came and she was put in the level 1 group (this is where I enrolled her since it was her first lesson). She was with another girl her age and they went into the deep end of the baby pool (3 1/2 feet or so). She bobbed up and down and you could tell was very comfortable with the teacher. After 10 minutes there, she was moved to level 2 which was in the big pool. Most kids her age were in level two where they learn to float on their stomachs and on their backs. The criteria to move up to level 3 was holding their breathe under water for 10 seconds.

During the third lesson, I noticed Ella get out of the pool and move to level 3. The teacher said she held her breath for more than 10 seconds and was blowing bubbles. Level 3 was just her and one other boy. She did more of the same as in level 2, but just longer distances. The teacher tried to have both kids lay on their belly and kick but both kids' legs just sunk to the bottom. Something to work on for next year :)



Catching a breath between bobbs



Kicking against the wall








3 comments:

Dean said...

Its Ella Bella.

KAY POPE said...

Great photos! Both you and Cindy were good swimmers and it looks as if your kidlets will be following suit.

Leslie, when you have a chance would you please set your blog up to automatically be directed to my email address (or vice versa since I don't understand technology too well). I know it is a little thing, but I am tired of typing in my address and password every time I try to access your blog. Thanks!

IUgirl78 said...

Way to go, Ella!! I am so impressed with your swimming skills! Maybe you can convince Reese that she needs to take lessons, too. You're doing a great job!