Our 4th of July consisted of church, pool, time with friends, then fireworks. We went to Forest Park Pool around 1:30 pm and although we were prepared for chaos, we were shocked to find the pool rather quiet! This gave us some good time to get Matthew used to his raft, which he has not been a fan of the past two times we have tried. Well, today he finally figured out that the water is fun. He loved his raft (yes it's purple but he is secure in his manhood) and played with his toys (paint brush and cup). A fun activity the pool had was a money dive in both pools (the large pool and the baby pool). Well, the girls heard money dive and both girls got very serious. The lifeguards threw the money in the pool and away went my girls. Both girls dunked their heads in the water and brought up $1 coins. I was stoked--the pool actually paid us to be there today! We decided a sweet treat was in order so we bought M & Ms with our new $2.51.
After the girls got back from buying fireworks with Jason, we went outside and took tons of pictures with our new lens (28-135). Our wonderful neighbors were out and their kids were happy to pose for me :)
Fireworks started about 7 pm and lasted about 10 minutes since most of the audience (ok, all of the girls except Ella) thought they were too loud. But it is tradition to light off fireworks and hear a few kids scream :)
We didn't know that we were expecting a cold front tonight but just in case, Laney was prepared. After her bath I asked her to go get PJs on and she found these buried in her closet.
Ella was happy to find one of the parachutes from the fireworks
6 comments:
Rockin' the new lens! What is the f stop on that?? Sounds like a great day, the Y pool was rather calm today too.
Leslie, these pictures are fantastic! Great job! It looks like you had a fabulous 4th. And I love Laney's PJs. Perfect choice for a 90-degree night! Love it! :)
Love all the pictures! You did a great job:) I love that Laney put on fleece jammies, so funny:)
Sorry we missed out on all of the fun! As I told you on Facebook, Laney's choice of p.j.'s cracked me up! I think I started sweating just thinking about wearing those in that heat. :)
It looks like you figured out that lens in no time at all! And Joel thanks you b/c now I'm talking about wanting a different lens, too. ;)
I really think that parachute might have been from the fireworks we were setting off in Zack's back yard! They kept going over toward your house. :)
I think Beau went to school with the little cutie girl with glasses!
Yes Brooke he sure did :) I noticed Beau in Maureen's school video where they dressed up as some religious figures...lol.
Post a Comment