Today was not a day for a kid who wanted to stay home. I generally do not overschedule us as I like playing outside in our yard and having free time but today was not one of those days. We went from sun up till sun down (ok, the kids were all asleep by 5:45 pm so not quite sun down but you get the point).
1) Ella's swim lessons were from 9:45-10:15. She started on Wednesday in the level 1 group (since this was her first swim experience) but each day she has gone up a level and today she was in level 3. She was the youngest in her group by a good couple years so I was a proud mama to see the coach tell her to join the bigger kids. She had one on one instruction which was nice and they actually worked on some strokes.
2) After swim lessons, we dropped Matthew off at home for a nap (no need to call CPS as Jason was home) and the girls and I went to Connor Prairie. It was free admission day and although we had planned to catch up with friends, after doing a few activities and eating our lunch, we realized it was way too crowded and headed home.
The girls each got a picture of the both of them playing dress up.
At this special activity there was also a computer game, drawings and a goody bag filled with activities, crayons and information for the parents on the benefit of healthy eating and activity every day.
3) After Connor Prairie, Matthew woke up and off we went to Inlow Park. We had never been to this sprinkler park (so that alone was nice) but we pulled into the parking lot to find we had the whole place to ourselves. I thought it might be broken since there were no kids there, but then I quickly remembered it was 2pm (when most kids are having quiet time or naps....not those crazy Willetts). We played in the water park for about 45 minutes and then thanks to Kristy, who told us there were play sets there, we were off to the playsets. I wouldn't have even noticed the playsets as they were so nicely hidden amongst the trees. We didn't stay too terribly long in the play area though as it had just rained and the mosquitoes were after us (and left their marks on our legs).
4) After we made it home, Matthew took a power nap. It was then off to Chick-fil-A for dinner. Chick-fil-A had a special; if you dressed up like a cow you got a free meal (sandwich or salad, drink, fries). We would have spent over $30 and got it all for free! Jason and the girls were into the costumes, I was less than enthused about wearing one cow spot and Matthew tried to eat his paper costume. But it all worked and we were extremely happy with the promotion :)
We beat the rush into Chick-Filet-A (we were there by 4) but the workers said that lunch time was crazy with cow costumes all around. There were about 15 other families when we were there, all wearing some sort of cow costume. I loved the creativity!
Thanks for a fun filled Friday, Willett kiddos!
4 comments:
Holy Moly, I need a nap just reading all that you did in one day! That is so nice you had the whole splash park to youselves, how great! One day last week we did library, Monkey Joe's and then the pool in the afternoon and I was TIRED! Hope your kids slept well:)
No kidding! Once again, my kids will not be reading your blog b/c they would want to move in with you. On second thought, "Hey, kids! Come read Leslie's blog!"
Sorry we missed you at Conner Prairie. It would've been nice to see you!
My first thought when I saw that picture of Matthew at the water park was, "Did she Photoshop out all of the other people??" I forgot that you said you had it all to yourselves. What a dream! Glad you had such a fun day!
Wow, what a day! I hope your kids slept well for you. I love busy days like that every once in awhile. I can't do it everyday, but it is fun when you keep busy. What a good mom you are!!
Dad and I actually ate at Chick-Fil-A the other day and were satisfied with free senior drinks!
Post a Comment