Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Our second annual trip to the Great Wolf Lodge

This past weekend was our second trip to the Great Wolf Lodge in Cincinnati with our neighbors, the Powells. Last year, the girls had a blast but I was excited to see what an extra year of growth would do for their excitement level. The girls did not disappoint. We got there Saturday morning and Ella and Jason hit the big slides right away. Ella did every single slide other than the one she was too short for. She road the ones requiring inner tubes, ones where you went down on your back, others on your bottom and the large family inner tube water slide. Laney did just as much and other than the big splash at the bottom of the water slides, enjoyed them all.

Ella and Carly were inseparable. They went on every ride together and enjoyed shifting their time from the Powells to us (and honestly, it was great when they were with the Powells. Having one kid was a piece of cake) :) Thanks for being Ella's adoptive parents (she loves you guys!).



The girls were off!



My dream house will have a lazy river around it.
Wouldn't that be divine?



Lilly pad time



While talking to Jen, I had turned my back to Laney and the lilly pads. She was standing in line with all the bigger kids "demanding" she was big enough to go on it. I didn't think she could as she couldn't even reach the rope but in true Laney fashion, she proved me wrong. She crawled from slippery thing to slippery thing and smiled the whole time.



Told you so, Mom!



My best friend from high school, Karen, was able to join us with her husband and two boys. They live about 5 minutes down the road from the Lodge but had not been there yet so I was incredibly excited when she said they could come.



Jack wasn't much for the water (ok, he wouldn't even get in) but here he was helping the girls out with there inner tubes.



Time for a towel break: Carly, Laney & Ella



During one of Laney's snits. What was this one for?
Well, she had just finished an inner tube ride with Jason, and we were waiting for Ella and the Powells to come down the family water slide (where up to 5 people can sit in one large inner tube--one of my favorite rides). As they came down the slide, you could see Jack was crying. As he got out of the inner tube, Laney started crying. I asked her what was wrong and she said "I don't like Jack anymore. He cried!" Wow, I guess real men don't cry, right Laney? She is feisty!



Troy, Carly and Ella



Betty, Jason, Laney & Stan



Brennan going down the slide. For just turning 2, he was rockin' the slides. He did a great job.



The blogger and JP



Carly looking ever so cute in her life vest.
This is the last picture I got of her top tooth
as she lost it 2 days later.



Love the tongue, Laney :)



Smiles with Nana



Scott, Karen, Brennan, and Hayden Pirk
Thanks for joining us and hopefully the Pirks can join us next year!



She always wanted to make sure that daddy was at the end of the water slide to catch her.



Ella coming down the slide



I love this picture! Jen took the three girls up to the top of the slide but she obviously had to get down. So she took the water slide but when sitting up she didn't get enough speed and actually got stuck. It was hysterical seeing Jen just
run down the water slide.



Although I had to twist their arms (HA!), my mom and dad watched Matthew so we could take just the girls to the water park. Although he woke up once in the middle of the night for a bottle (what's that all about MJ?), all in all he did a great job.
He is into everything, which my mom quickly found out :)


Thanks, Mom and Dad, for watching Matthew! What a relief to not have to worry about him at the water park. Also thanks to Stan and Bettye for joining us at the water park and getting us a great deal on the room!

Can't wait until next year.

4 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

Okay, we will definitely be in next year! It looks and sounds like you had a fabulous time. I cannot believe that all of the girls were so adventurous. I'm really impressed!

How nice that your friends and Jason's parents could join you, too. And I'm sure you enjoyed not having to worry about Matthew while you were at the water park. Do you think your parents will watch our kid next year? ;)

Stefanie said...

Is it wrong that I want to go to Great Wolf Lodge, but without any kids? I just want to go and play!!!!! Looks like you all had a wonderful time! I am afraid that it will be a long time before Matt will be ready for that place! Boo!

Pigtail Mama said...

How FUN! It looks like you had a blast. I love all the pics, esp. the one of JP running down the slide. That's too funny! It looks like Great Wolf might be the place to go. The one we went to in Cincy was fun, but we'll have to check out GWL next time. Glad you were able to get away with your girls!!

braun brothers said...

Looks like you had a great time, and you got great pics in the park! My lens fogged up and I wasn't able to get any good ones.

How fun to have special time with just the girls!