Connor Prairie was the ticket! Although we have lived here 7 1/2 years, we had never been to CP until this past winter when the Willetts were nice enough to buy us a membership. We have used the indoor play area a few times and although we have enjoyed that area, I couldn't wait for the outdoor exhibits to open. Since it was raining today, I figured we would just play inside but when it stopped raining for a few minutes, we were able to go exploring outside. We only visited the barn and the old Connor House but it was nice to see some of the outside exhibits. I know this summer we will have many great outings there.
Two day old, Polly
We were the only ones outside so any animal Laney wanted to pet or hold she was allowed to. Of course she said she wanted to see a puppy but alas, just good ol' farm animals were around. The CP staff were so energetic and excited to have the outside facilities open for the season.
The two week old baby chic
They had an exhibit outside where Laney could turn the wheel and make all kinds of things move (the train, balloon, ship, wagon). It was great!
Laney asked me to pose by the fake dog.
Anything for you Lane!
You know how we love the hot air balloons around here so Laney was excited to see the Connor Prairie balloon up close. Since we live across the street from CP seeing the balloon is an almost daily occurrence; I am thinking we will need to take a ride in it this summer.
5 comments:
I'm so glad that you were able to have time with Laney. Those middle children do need a little bit more. ;) Hey, it's either time now or therapy later. Take it from me! Ha ha!
It looks like you girls had a great time. I'm glad it stopped raining for a little bit so you could go outside. Laney seemed to love the animals. :) I also love the look that she gave the cookie man. That's my girl!
What great one-on-one time. I hope that helped with the whining and bickering. I think a hot air balloon ride would be just the thing for a sunny Sunday afternoon this summer! If the kids are bickering, send them up by themselves....
Ha! I love Kay's comment! :) I'll send mine up with yours so at least they won't be lonely.
What a fun Sunday for you both! I am sure Laney just loved the time with you- I can tell from the pictures. It is so hard to be equal, and I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to have three kiddos. Maybe one day I will. :) You are SUCH a great momma, Leslie. Glad you got some time with your little Laney! :)
What a good idea! Beau has been a turd lately...maybe I should take him to CP! ;)
Post a Comment