One of my best friends from college, Liz, was able to visit with us this past weekend. If you are able to have a friend like Liz in your life, then you are very blessed. A friend who has seen you at your best, your worst, your happiest, your not so happiest and loves you through it all. She is a friend that you pick up with exactly where you left off and there are never awkward moments. Although she got maybe 5 hours of broken up sleep while she was here (errrrr, thanks Matthew) I hope she had half the fun we had. The girls loved having a new friend to play with and they affectionately named her "Uncle Liz". When we were eating lunch, Laney turned to me and said "where is Uncle Liz?" It was so funny the name stuck :)
Liz and Matthew

I love that I got his fish face caught in the picture

Ella concentrating on making a necklace from a friends' birthday party earlier that day.
Thanks for some of the below pics, Liz!


Liz was so sweet to bring the kids some gifts. But seriously, what is cuter than a baby in a box?

The girls love, love, love playing Twister and were so excited that Aunt Liz was more than willing to play with them.

Exploring--what he does best!

This game on Liz's knees lasted a while. Great for the girls, but not so great for Liz's knees. The girls were loving it!

Having fun playing on Liz's lap

Liz has this fun feature on her Nikon where she can make a picture look like a drawing. I like that the above picture gives Laney Angelina Jolie lips :)

We had built up quite an appetite with all this playing.
Glad Laney was making us some lunch.
3 comments:
What a fun weekend! I was happy to meet her and although I only got to say hello, I could tell she is a sweetheart- like you! It's so great to have friends that know you so well.
It looks like you had a fun weekend, despite not sleeping much. :( Just like college days except you can't take naps in the afternoon!
That drawing feature on her camera is really cool!!
Great Pictures!!
I am so glad I finally got to meet Liz, too! It's so great to have those friends where you can go several months without seeing or talking to one another, then get together and have a blast!
It looks like you all had some fun moments together. I love the picture of Laney that she took and turned into the drawing. How fun!
Post a Comment