Sunday, June 28, 2009

What would we do.....



without h-e-l-p?

Given that it takes a good few weeks for a body to recover from labor and then having two additional kids in the mix, I needed some help this past week. My mom came here and was a huge help with the girls, plus she let me just focus on healing and feeding Matthew. She left on Sunday and now we are on our own. Ahhh! I am nervous but I know we will make it through :)



Thanks for all of your help mom. Now, when are you coming back to help?
Seriously!
Here is Matthew, safe in his Nana's arms.



My dad played chauffeur and came Sunday to pick Mom up.
Ella loves seeing her Grandpa.



Girls, where is Grandpa?
Oh, you stole him and took him to the Fishers Freedom Festival.



Unfortunately for my girls, I think these Pacemates
brought a bigger smile to his face.
Just joking, Dad :)
Maybe this should be your Christmas card?



Look at those smiles--probably taken after the funnel cake was eaten.
Those make us all smile.



Laney enjoyed the parade



The happy Grandparents



Laney wanted to pose with the bouncy ball from the festival.



I found a way to get the girls to smile.
Have them say poopy.
Not many people can say that word without laughing.



Notice how my dad's hat matches Matthew's outfit.
It's like it was planned.



Ella playing little mommy.
She is great with him!

5 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

That is soooo nice that your mom came to stay with you! It is so nice to have an extra set of hands--or just someone to keep you company while you're feeding the baby. I bet she enjoyed being with you guys as well. What a special time for your family!

I loved your captions underneath the pictures--you crack me up!!

Patty said...

So ggo to have Mom!! I don't know what I'd have done without mine with my girls!! Such a great time to have your parents around, and a blessing to have them be so helpful! And alllll of the pictures are so great! I can't be lieve you have had the time and the energy to take them all and get them on the blog!! I am impressed super mom!!

Patty

Pigtail Mama said...

I have read your posts and have thought I've commented, and when I came back today I saw I haven't yet! So sorry about that!

How nice that your parents were in town. It is always great to have help, and I'm sure that is especially true when you have a newborn in the house. I love the pictures of your three (!) cute kiddos. :)

braun brothers said...

Tommy just wore that same outfit yesterday!! (As Matthew, not as Laney) ;)

Matthew is SO cute! (As is the rest of your family, of course) :)

How have the past two solo days been? I am glad you all had a great time with the grandparents!

Emily said...

Aren't grandparents the BEST?!