Monday, June 15, 2009

What's a hot day without a strawberry festival?



Where I grew up in Cincinnati, it seemed like there were church festivals all the time. In fact, when we were in high school we spent many Saturday nights going to festivals at the Catholic Churches. On Friday night Jason and I were saying we wanted to do something different with the girls on Saturday as they have been extra good lately.

Jason found the First Presbyterian Church at 81st and Hague was having a strawberry festival. Sounded like food to me so I was in! The girls heard there was a bouncy house and they were in! Jason heard there was a dunk tank where he could dunk people and he was in!



The ducky game


Which one gives me a prize? Does this have the X on it Mom?



Bouncin' away



This was the whole reason we came. The big bouncy house!!



The slide at the end of the bouncy house



Ella got a heart painted on her hand and Laney got a flower.
When they came off later that day, Ella begged me to paint
not only both of her hands, but her feet and her face with designs.
I am not artistic so the designs sure were of the impressionistic area.



Laney going in the maze. Laney was so proud she made it through



Here was the church version of Plinko.
Although there was "no chance for $50,000" like the Price is Right,
the girls enjoyed the prizes they got.


Getting a picture of everybody looking is impossible
so I just thought I would post one pic
where each of the girls looks good.
Jason, you are rockin' it in all of them :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun - I totally remember going to all those Festivals in high school! Glad you, the girls and Jason had a fun time - what a trooper you are - going in the hot festival with less than 2 weeks until d-day! :)

Pigtail Mama said...

Oh my goodness, how FUN! You are such an awesome mom. I'm not even pregnant and the thought of doing that in the humidity makes me tired just thinking about it! I can tell from the pictures the girls had a blast. You just gotta love church festivals!

IUgirl78 said...

Fun stuff! I actually told Joel about that on Saturday and hoped to make it--just for the strawberries alone. I had no idea there were activities and bounce houses. Now I'm really bummed we didn't go! (Side note: Do you know that Faith Presbyterian Church is where all 3 of us went to preschool? I'm sure you're fascinated by that fact.)

I also have to agree that I am just amazed with how active you are. You make us non-prego people look awfully lazy!!!