Saturday, June 6, 2009

37 weeks along!

Friday was my 37 week appointment and the first time during this pregnancy that I got to see the doctor that delivered Laney (Dr. Teeter). He is an awesome doctor, and I enjoyed catching up with him. He made the visit so special for Ella by letting her use the measuring tape to measure the baby, calling her Doctor Ella, letting her use the Doppler to hear his heartbeat and then feel the baby's head by pressing down on my belly. Ella was loving it. But honestly, her favorite part was when he blew up a surgical glove into a big balloon :)

I continue to measure right on schedule. He said the baby did not feel tight yet (I guess another word for squished), he is head down, but still pretty high. But as with Ella, she was high on Thursday and in my arms on Monday. We were joking about when to have him and the doc thought next Thursday since that is when he is working in the hospital. I said that was fine with me, as long as he comes after Wednesday. Why after Wednesday? Because that is when my haircut and highlight are scheduled for......I need to look good for the pics, right?

But as many of you know, I have wanted 6/12/09 to be his birthday for just a few reasons :) That would be next Friday but since I would love for him to come then (which is 38 weeks), I am sure that he will hold on to the big 4-0 weeks!

I continue to feel very good. I had swollen ankles for one night and then they went away--they were huge so I am glad they are gone! My sciatica is MUCH better and doesn't even cause me pain. Although I do have a waddle, walking does not bother me. I can't complain at all and am actually enjoying the last month of pregnancy!



The official pic of 37 weeks.....big is beautiful, right?
I think I look like I am going to topple over!

2 comments:

Emily said...

You are so funny! I am glad Matthew is doing well and measuring appropriately. I always thought Gabby would be 2 weeks early, but alas, 3 days late in the end that stinker!

You look fabulous and I can't wait to see Matthew! You are delivering at Carmel St. V's right?

IUgirl78 said...

I love that Dr. Ella's favorite part was the surgical glove balloon. Sounds like my kind of doctor!!

I agree with Emily--you look absolutely beautiful! I'm so glad that the nerve pain is gone so you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy...however long that might be. (I've got bets on the 16th!) :)