Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Shhh...we should be sleeping!

We have an alarm clock in the girls' room that turns green at 7:15AM, telling them they can get up and come to our room. Well on Tuesday morning, Jason could hear the girls talking and since he was already up, he figured he would go get them.

He went into their room and both girls pretended to be sleeping. He then caught a glimpse of what looked like a granola bar. He asked the girls about it and Ella said they were hungry.

Jason went downstairs to check out the "damage" in the kitchen. I guess the girls snuck out of their room (who knows when?), each got a granola bar, Ella poured some water for them and then they hurried back upstairs, hoping we would never be the wiser.

Smart (and hungry) girls, eh? But hey, at least they didn't wake us up!

7 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

Okay, that is too funny! Those girls are probably going to have many moments like that since they share a room. (I'm speaking from experience since I shared a room w/ Holly.) I think it's hilarious!!

Pigtail Mama said...

Oh, that is awesome! I love it! I can totally see Grace doing that- we already have a child lock on our pantry because our girls have raided it once or twice. ;) I love that alarm clock idea. I may need to get one someday when my girls share a room. What a cute story! Your girls are adorable!

five dot design said...

i love it!

Anonymous said...

So funny - of course, now that they are roomates they are going to be cohorts in crime! In a couple of years, I imagine they will team up and recruit brother Matthew to do their "dirty deeds" and then blame him to get out of trouble! :)

Stephanie said...

That is so cute! I am sure it won't be the last time they sneak out of their rooms:)

Layla and Delia said...

Very cute, and how sweet of them to let you catch a couple more "z's". :)

Tell me more about this clock that turns colors when it's time to get up. Layla needs one of those!!

braun brothers said...

OMG, this is PERFECT.