Monday, June 8, 2009

Nana and Pappy Come to Visit



On Saturday, Jason's parents came for a day visit. The girls always get so excited to see their grandparents and today was no exception. I had a 2 year old wake me up at 7:15 am saying "Nana and Pappy come today."
The excitement lasted all day and continued with
these super cute dresses the Willetts bought the girls



Laney snuggling with Pappy



Jason's parents then sent us out to enjoy some lunch
and run a few errands. Little did I know they were
planning a party for my birthday.
The girls were so excited to sing Happy Birthday.
After the singing, Ella asked the funniest question.
Ella: Mom, When is your birthday?
Me: It's Friday
Ella: Doesn't Nana Dean know it's Friday and not today?



Jason and Laney went shopping and got a yummy birthday cake.



As much as I liked the cake, I think Laney liked it more



The Willetts gave me a beautiful vase and a gift certificate to the Loft.
I told Ella that some flowers will look great in the vase, especially
the flowers in our front yard (once they bloom).
There was one daisy that had popped out already so
Ella starting thinking and said: Wait a minute mom. I need to do something.



This is what I saw.
After she picked the one daisy that had bloomed,
she then picked daisies that weren't quite ready.
It was adorable to see!



After Ella arranged the flowers and leaves in the vase,
Laney wanted a turn. So she dumped them all
out and started her own flower arrangement.



I couldn't resist playing with the soft focus on my computer software.
Although it looks like Ella is strangling Laney,
I still think it's a cute shot.





Ella playing with Nana Dean



Are you girls ganging up on her?



Now that the party was over, Jason decided to relax in our new chairs.
Neither one of us wanted to move after we pulled these out.



J and his daddy's girl



It's been a fun day, Nana and Pappy.
Thanks for visiting and thanks for the wonderful birthday gifts and party!

3 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

Nana and Pappy truly know the way into your girls' hearts: dresses and cake. :) (Actually, that's the way into MY heart as well!) The dresses are adorable, and how cute that they threw you a little pre-party to get ready for your b-day. :)

I love the way you edited and arranged the pictures. I've gotten lazy with editing my pics, but probably should get back into the habit again soon.

By the way, where did you get those cool chairs??

Emily said...

I love the last photo of Jason's mom and the girls. That one is so adorable! I just love how she is cuddling them and they are returning the love. You can tell how much the girls love having them around! Happy early B-day!

Pigtail Mama said...

Another great set of pictures! I love the four-picture sequence of Laney with the vase. It looks like it was a fun party, and boy that cake looks yummy! How nice of your in-laws to do all of that for you! It just shows what a great daughter-in-law they think you are. :)Happy early birthday!