Laney is at that age where funny things just come out of her mouth.
In the car the other night, I heard:
Happy Birthday to Ella
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to baby
Happy Birthday to Berenstein Bears
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I drove through McDonalds the other night as I was craving a hot chocolate. So as we were driving through the drive thru, I just kept hearing Laney say "french fries, please." Then when we got our order, she said "french fries, please mommy, fries please." Should a dietitian's daughter even know what french fries are?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our hide and seek game:
Jason has been playing hide and seek with the girls for the past few months. They get such a kick out of it but neither one of them is very good at hiding.
Ella will always go to the same spot that Jason hid in the round before, and then Laney will go to the same spot Ella went to. It's a funny circle of not-so-hide and seek. They played the other day and as Laney hid in her favorite spot (behind the curtains) she just said, "daddy, find me, daddy, where are you?"
We need to work on the being quiet while hiding :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Her first 3 syllable was about a month ago: slippery!
When did my baby girl get old enough to say a 3 syllable word?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When putting away the manger scene a few weeks ago, we lost baby Jesus. Laney kept walking around, "baby Jesus, where are you?" We found baby Jesus, but the donkey was held captive by the plastic food bin. The donkey was just rescued earlier this week; I hope he is found next year when we pull out the manger scene again :)
3 comments:
Do you have the Little People nativity set? We were always losing our pieces to the set and it was driving me crazy! :)
I love all of these cute stories/sayings! Laney is so funny. I can't believe she said 'slippery'- that is a big word for a 2-yr-old! Thanks for sharing this- it made me smile. :)
You are so right--she is at the best age for saying the funniest things! I love her little "Happy birthday" shout-outs and love that the Berenstein Bears got some props. :) I also love that she calls out for her daddy to find her during hide-and-seek. What a hoot!
I have to agree with Kelly--we are always losing pieces to the Little People Nativity! Luckily we found them all before we put it away this year, but I always get a little nervous. I mean, I guess if we lose a Wise Man, we could always use the mechanic from the Little People Garage Set.
Hahaha! Kristy's comment is making me laugh. Laney is getting to be such a big girl. She and Gabby will get along famously if there are fries involved! Gabby learned that word early, too. It's all about moderation, right Miss Nutritionist?
Post a Comment