Thursday, January 8, 2009

Baby Update ~ 16 weeks

Today I had my 16 week appointment to hear the baby's heartbeat. Last time the MD checked the heartbeat, it was very hard to find but not this time! The baby was moving like crazy :) I started feeling the baby move around 13 weeks and he/she hasn't stopped since!

Everything is progressing perfectly although my body is massive. I guess I can just chalk that up to the third child and like my doctor said today, "it's like the body just gives in figuring it knows what is coming." So true! My doctor is a mother of three so completely understands how I feel.

Speaking of how I am feeling, I am feeling a TON better. I still get very tired but I am sure that has NOTHING to do with my other two kids, right? I am no longer on Prilosec and my stomach has decided to be nicer to me. Yeah to that!

I had some blood drawn today to test for genetic disorders in the baby. This is an optional screening but I had it done with Ella and Laney and figured I would get it done this time as well. Not that we would change our course given the results but it's nice to know.

My next appointment is in 4 weeks and this is the big ultrasound! As of now, we are NOT finding out the sex. Jason really wants to but I thought it would be such a fun surprise (and I think it's a girl so I am already prepared!). But the next baby update will include pictures (and hopefully 3 D pictures) so we can really see what he/she looks like.

I am going to post a poll on the left hand side of the blog to see if you all think we should find out the sex ~ what do you think? Yes, even you grandparents and great grandparents!

5 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

I'm glad everything went well at today's appointment! I already said this on Facebook, but you are so NOT massive, even though you think you are. You look soooo adorable!

I'm also happy that you are feeling better. Hopefully now you can enjoy the remainder of your pregnancy! It's no fun when you feel lousy.

I voted in your poll but have a disclaimer. I think it would be fun to not know the sex, even though I found out both times with my own. If I have a 3rd, I would not want to find out. I still think you two should not find out, but I think that one of your neighbors should know so I won't have to wait so long! :)

Pigtail Mama said...

Yay! Glad that everything is well and that you are feeling better. Good news! I voted to NOT find out because we didn't find out both times and it is the BEST! Although, if you do find out that is cool, too! I always like to know what my friends are having!! :)

Stephanie said...

Yeah for a good appointment! I voted you shouldn't know the sex, thats what we are doing and I need to know other people out there aren't finding out, we seem to be in the minority. I have my ultrasound next Thursday! Yeah!

Aunt H said...

Ummmm...massive??? I don't think so! Of course I haven't seen you, but I seriously doubt this is true. :-)

I am so glad you feel better! You are one busy, busy lady. Is it too much to ask to not feel barfy all day long? I don't think so.

I am kind of 50/50 on finding out...on the one hand it'd be nice to know to plan (I'm such a planner!), but on the other hand, I do love surprises and it was SO much fun to find out with Kelly's girls. Hmmmmm....I am of NO HELP!

Emily said...

You crazy loon! Listen to your husband! Find out the sex so I can go buy your BPA free bottles! Haha! Oh wait, you don't need to know gender to buy bottles. Nevermind! Not. Go find out the sex, then call your friend Emily.