Thursday, October 2, 2008

Anybody seen my dog?

The other day Windsor wanted to go outside and greet Jason. He usually does this so I let him run outside. Jason came inside, we talked for a bit and then decided to go outside with the girls to enjoy the beautiful day. We hadn't seen Windsor in about an hour but really didn't think much of it (he often will lay upstairs in our bed when I am now keeping an eye on him--the life!). After playing outside for about a half hour it was time for dinner. As we were walking inside, Laney stopped dead in her tracks, points way down the street and says "My dog." I wasn't surprised...she loves dogs! What I was surprised to see was that Windsor was a street over just enjoying himself in many of our neighbor's yards. He must have been out of the house for at least an hour. I had to thank Laney profusely for saying "My dog" or else who knows
when we would have noticed he was gone. :)

Oh Windsor- sorry that in the past 3 1/2 years you have lost your king of the household status. You are now overtaken by two girls who pull on you in places that should be left alone, poke at your eyes, ride you like horse and put you through all the other torture that you have to endure. Yes, you get their scraps so I am sure it even outs, but you take it in such stride, Windsman! And thanks for coming back home!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh I am glad he came home too...when I saw the title of the post, I almost cried hoping your dog was not lost. The doggies seem to make the house a home, at least for us. Its nice to remember they are sweet even they want walks and attention all day long.

IUgirl78 said...

I, too, was worried that Windsor was still missing! I would've grabbed Ryan's cow flashlight and searched the neighborhood up and down!! How funny is that that Laney realized that was HER dog from far away! What a smart cookie. :)

Anonymous said...

He is a cutie!! What kind of dog is he?

I know exactly what you mean about the dog sliding down the important pole... Now Czar is lucky if he gets his breakfast before noon. :( Poor guy!

Carrie said...

so glad you found him before you even realized he was missing! he's adorable!!!! and sounds like he's a great dog.

Pigtail Mama said...

Oh, I thought he was missing, too! Yay to Laney for seeing her dog! I guess you won't have to get her eyes checked anytime soon, huh? I'm glad that he was found even before he was lost. He's so cute!

By the way, I'm totally up for a playdate at Kristy's. How about Tuesday at noon? Hopefully Kristy will read this and be prepared for us. Haha!

Emily said...

Oh Windsor, you little stinker you! You just thought that you would enjoy your freedom while it lasted, huh?

Laney, you are such a good girl for seeing your sweet puppy running amuck. Hope your mommy gave you some extra smooches for you good find!

Emily said...

In response to my blog...I love that you watch Greek and Flipping Out. I LOVE Flipping Out. Jeff Lewis is such a freak, but I just can't stop watching. Good thing his assistant is a comedienne or I think she would have committed suicide by now.