Friday, June 27, 2008

Laney is 18 months!

Our smiling, happy Laney Leigh is 18 months old!


So Laney was officially 18 months on June 21st but had her 18 month doctor's appointment today. She is 33 1/8" tall and 26.8#. This makes her 85% for her height and 80% for her weight. I guess we grow big babies around here. I asked the doctor about the calculation where you can figure their adult height based on their height as a baby and he said she would be about 5'10". Now I am not betting any money on that height guestimate but if both my girls tower above me (they said 5'10" for Ella as well) I will be the shrimp in the family. But then again, seems that 5'10" is maybe just the height they throw out there :)

The rest of her check up went well. She has a heart murmur but of no concern. She also continues to wear little braces on her feet to help her walk. Her walking is great now but she was a little delayed in the beginning. She pronated and these have helped her straighten out those feet. Plus they have cute butterflies on them so they are very stylish. She likes to wear them and tries to put them on herself but will probably not need them much longer. The doctor also suggested I bring out the training potty and encourage her to try. I am not so sure about that...she is my baby! But we'll see.

Laney continues to amaze me with her daily activities. She is the fearless one. Climbing into tall chairs, loving fast slides, falling on her head (not my doing, she was walking down the stairs...I swear), etc and she rarely cries at that. When she cries, it has to do with her 1) being hungry 2) not getting the snack that you are eating 3) seeing something that resembles food 4) or sleepy.

Laney has been a happy baby since she has been born. I haven't had to work to get her to talk or smile or laugh or clap. She just wants to entertain. I love that about her! She loves saying hi and bye to all around her. Seeing her grow daily makes me want to take so many pictures so I don't forget how stinkin' cute she is. I know, spoken like a true mother. My mom did say that when I was a baby, I was a lot like Laney....very content to just be held but yet wanting to smile and laugh with others.

Laney's recent accomplishments are 1) Speaking >30-35 words 2) running 3) climbing onto chairs 4) putting on everybody's and anybody's shoes 5) and saying night-night when it's time to lay down 6) Kisses, kisses, kisses 7) trying to put on her shirt 8) using a spoon and fork 9) marching in place 10) walking up stairs (with help)

Laney's favorite :
--Song: if you're happy and you know it
--Stuffed animal: dog or giraffe (aka, raffe)
--Shoes: her crocs
--Toy: play kitchen/ magnetic pieces (anything she can take out and put back in)
--Word: bye bye, shoes, swing, Yella (for Ella).
--Favorite activity: swinging on the playset, putting on anyone's shoes

Laney's least favorite things:

--Getting her diaper changed
--Being even the slightest bit hungry

What a fast 18 months this has been and our girl is getting so big! What a joy to watch her grow up!

2 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

That's neat that you wrote down not only all of the things she can do at 18 months, but also her favorite and least favorite things. How quickly we forget those!

Laney is such a cutie pie and always has a smile on her face. I think she and I are very much alike b/c my least favorite thing is being hungry, too. :)

Congrats on 18 months, Laney!

Emily said...

I can't believe she is 18 months old! I always thought she was so much younger than Gabby, but she is much closer in age than I thought. What is happening to us that all of these babies are becoming little girls?