Sunday, June 22, 2008

Playing with Friends

Summertime is such a great time to hang out with friends and family. This past week they got to hang out with Abby and Carly. Abby is almost 3 and her mom, Steph, and I have wanted them to be best friends since, well, we found out they were both girls. Steph used to live across the street but now lives about 5 minutes away with her husband, Jeff, and their other 2 kiddos, Taylor and Josh. Steph is a very close friend of mine and is a saint because she watches the girls two days a week when I am at work.

Carly lives across the street w/ her brother, Jack, and her lovely parents, Jen and Troy. Jen and Troy bought their house from Steph and Jeff so we all have quite a connection. And since Jack and Laney are going to get married, it is even a better connection.

We started our friends' week at gymnastics with Abby. The girls either do great or are a handfull. Well, this week they were a handfull for the second week in a row. They do great for about 20 minutes and then one of them doesn't want to do something. Therefore the other doesn't want to do the activity and one of them ends up leaving class very upset. The girls did the first half of the class great (balance beam work, somersaults, jumping, swinging, etc) but once ella spotted me taking pictures, she wanted to just play with me. Amazing...sign them up for classes and they just want to be with good ol' mom. I still think Ella's favorite part is getting in her leotard. She gets so excited to wear one!

Carly and Jack came over one afternoon. It is always a nice way to wind up the day having a great group of kids together (and I got to get some dinner ready while the boys were outside with the kids). The kids were in and out of the pool but mostly loved swinging. In some of the pics, you can see Laney's physical therapist, Lori. I will address the PT in another blog. But it was a beautiful day and one of the days where I love getting to stay home with my girls--the weather was perfect and the girls were in awesome moods! You can't ask for more!



Warming up and doing their stretches



Miss Jennifer helping Ella with her straddle jumps. All of the girls' jumps look the same but Jennifer does a great job encouraging them.



Ella going down the side and Abby on the trampoline.



Balance beam time--Ella's favorite!



Ella doing a backwards somersault with Jennifer's help.



Abby going down the slide.



They look so happy here...what happened? In the next 5 minutes it went from happiness to get me out of here! Steph and I never really understand what sets them off. Oh yeah, they are 3 (or almost 3).



Best friends or what?




I think this kind of looks like a mug shot. Ella took Abby's cereal and then Laney is trying to get it. That is friendship! Well, notice that Ella isn't sharing. We are working on that!



Abby came over before gymnastics--she is such a sweetie!



The next day we played outside. Here is popsicle time.



Laney climbing up, up, up.



I think this looks like Laney is calling out to her people.



Playing in the pool.




Swinging in big blue....weee.



Laney is lovin' the Barbie Jeep. We are working on her focus while driving...hahaha. It is hysterical to watch her drive around.



This is how Ella drives all the time. She looks like a mad women, kind of like the wicked witch in the Wizard of Oz. Laney just holds on for dear life and just wants to change the radio station. Yes, it even has a working radio.



Lovin' the slide.



Baby Jack getting so big! Troy spotting as Jack wanted to walk down the slide.



I think Carly is hinting that our grass is too long!



The girls in their matching suits. They were so happy they were matching! Girls and their clothes.....Jason, get used to it!

2 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

Wow! You guys have had a full week! I loved seeing all of the pictures of the kids playing with their friends. The gymnastics class looks like so much fun--even I want to sign up! :) I also love that Carly and Ella have matching swimsuits. Just wait--next Reese will have to get the same one. Is that big blue thing a swing on your swingset? If so, how cool is that?!?

Emily said...

Those photos are just adorable. I love the one of Ella and the popsicle. She looks so old and it shows off her cute haircut really well! Laney is too precious in her photo on the bicycle. I can't wait for them to play with Gabby sometime soon!