Sunday, June 15, 2008

Goodbye to a great friend ~ Ella's dog



As we were unpacking from our trip, Ella rushed to her room for something very important. She came back with her dog. This stuffed animal has been her pal for the past year (sleeping with him, playing with him, hugging him when she gets hurt, you get the point). Well, she brings it to our bathroom and puts him in the trash. Ella said "bye bye dog, I'm a big girl." We were shocked, but secretly excited because he smells so bad and isn't "supposed" to be immersed in water.





She found another stuffed animal she wanted to use-- a super soft one that her Gigi Jean bought her before she was born. I am excited about the switch, if not more than just for the smell factor. But we did put "doggie" (he never had a name) in her keepsake box so she can see (and smell) him when she gets older.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is sweet...I hope Josie does that with her Paci's...I don't mind the blankie (at least I can wash it) but I HATE the pacifiers so much!

PS Love the blog--good job!

IUgirl78 said...

I actually teared up when I was reading this! As much as I want Reese to give up her bunny, I think I might be sad when she does. I am so glad you dug her dog out of the trash and saved it for her someday.

LOVE the new header!

Anonymous said...

Great job, Ella! :)

Beau doesn't have any lovies...unless you count the fourteen construction vehicles he likes to sleep with at night...

Layla and Delia said...

Congratulations, Ella, on becoming a big girl! ;) Your Mommy and Daddy's noses are very appreciative of the change. I don't know when Layla will be ready to relinquish her Meow and Quack-Quack (we're not very original with names over here, either), but probably not for a long while. At least we can give them "baths" in the washing machine, though...

I'm glad you started a blog for your girls, Leslie. While I don't particularly enjoy the upkeep of it (and hence only post every couple weeks), I do like to look back and see how my family's changed. Thanks for adding us to your blogroll - we'll add you to ours. :)