This past weekend Jason and I got some more alone time--this time in St. Louis. This was our second weekend away from the girls, which really was unimagineable to us! We went to a college friend's wedding, Jess Motchan, who went to Miami with me. We lived down the hall from each other freshman and sophmore year and then our apartments were near each other our Junior Year. Jess and I lost touch after we graduated but thanks to a friend getting pregnant and having a baby shower (thanks Gags!), Jess and I reconnected. It has been awesome to have Jess back in my life! Her husband, Dave, is a great guy who has added so much already to Jess' life. They looked so happy on their special day.
The wedding took place at Forrest Park, about 10 minutes from downtown St. Louis. It was at a place called the Jewel Box and was amazing! It was like in a big old green house and quite a setting. My roommate from college, Liz, was a bridesmaid and another roommate, Kelly, read. Both did beautifully. One of our other roommates, Kristi, and her husband, Jim, came to celebrate. We also got to see many other friends from college who came from all over the US. One of the couples we hadn't seen in years was Matt (aka Matty) and Sara Ritter. Sara was Jess' roomate in college. They have 2 daughters--Laney and Ellie (crazy, huh?).
Before the wedding, Jason and I (who are used to being woken up by 7am) went the St. Louis Zoo. What a beautiful zoo. Plus it was free! We can't wait to take the girl's there someday soon. We then went to the Anheiser-Busch Plant. It was pretty amazing! I have a feeling that many of us contributed to their success while we were in college :) Aren't you proud, mom and dad?
My parents came to watch the girls and had an amazing time (or so it sounds like). My mom and dad came with bags for the girls complete w/ crafts to do, paints to try, cookies to make, clothes to wear, etc. It was great! They took the girls on walks, went to the park, picnics and of course went to chick-fillet-a (I swear we have more places to eat around here than that, but we always seem to go there).
I also want to throw in a huge congratulations to Liz and Le. We were excited to find out that one of my best friends in the entire world is gonna be a mama! What a blessing and perfect timing! Liz is due December 26, 2008 which makes her 14 weeks along. She is doing great and feeling well (so glad no nausea). We couldn't be happier for our friends--we know they are going to make wonderful parents. For the past 3 years, I have been the only one of our college friends to have children. Now Jess Baker has a baby girl, Katie, and Kat Easterday is pregnant and due in October. It is a wonderful journey that I can't believe we are all sharing together!
A dinner the night before the wedding
The beautiful bride and her father.
Yep, this hold beer. Enough beer to drink one 6 pack a day for 137 years. That should last us through the next party :)
Seeing so many friends from college was awesome! It was fun to see us all grown up. Many are married and some are starting families (most couldn't believe we had 2 children already!). Does that make us the most grown-up? Yeah right! Although we have had two great weekends out of town, we are ready to stay in town the next few weeks! We have a festival this weekend and then 4th of July!
3 comments:
Whoa! Talk about informative! I feel like I was actually at the wedding with you guys! :) I tease. I really enjoy seeing all of the photos from our friends' adventures! I can't believe how many people wore black and white dresses to that wedding! Note to self for the wedding I am attending next weekend...
Who's the hottie now?!?! You are ROCKIN' the dress and shoes!!! I bet it was so much fun to reconnect with everyone. And a weekend away with your hubby is always nice--especially when you can do cool things like go to the zoo and get free beer. :)
Gee, and I expected to see my wedding picture! J/K...looks like fun. What, no arch adventure?
Post a Comment