Saturday, September 8, 2012

Trip to Indy and Chicago--Day 1

A few months ago, I found out some friends of ours from Indy were going to Chicago for a long weekend. We really wanted to hook up the Sohockis and when Jason and I figured we could see so many college friends, we figured lets make it work!

The kids and I headed to Indy for the day and spent the night at the Sohockis. In Indy we went to the Children's Museum with Jen and Kelly (Kelly lives in MI but was down visiting her cousin in Indy). It was great timing! 


Kelly & me


We have never been at the Children's Museum at the right time for rock climbing tickets but today we were.
Ella was the first in line to get tickets and was incredibly excited to start climbing.


After a little help, away she went!


Ella has an amazing adventurous side.
 If you would have told me 7 years ago, this quiet baby would be adventurous girl (even going off of drop zone at Kings Island!!) I wouldn't believe it. I have zero adventure in me, which I don't like and wish I could change, so I am glad Ella loves adventure! She always wants to do the highest and fastest rides at KI :)


She tried so hard but didn't quite make it to the top.
The other kids were so good about cheering her on and being so patient!


On our way to Chicago, we stopped at Fair Oaks, a farm with tons of fun kids activities, and then continued to Chicago. We thought we would have the kids play here a few hours but the kids just wanted ice cream and then to head on to Chicago. That was some good ice cream :)


See, good ice cream :)


No comments: