Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

So this is a holiday I really don't understand. I am not Irish, nor are many of those that celebrate it. Ok, let me rephrase this. I loved celebrating this holiday in college as it usually meant that green beer was involved but now, I don't understand the immense buildup of it. Laney's class had an adorable leprachaun hunt where he ended up leaving gold and all kinds of goods. Both girls came home from school incredibly excited to catch the leprechaun, see what he left them (aka, how much gold), and see if he messed up their room (which is not so hard to do since it seems to always be a mess these days).

On St. Patrick's Day the Powells were here for another wonderful visit. Gosh I love when they come! Carly and Jack got to work on their leprechaun traps and with a little handy work from the dads (putting in the bate....a wheat thin... I am sure that is what a leprechaun would like), the kids were ready to go.



On the mantel


Matthew spotted one!
I think he was as confused as I was about what are leprechauns,
why they are here only one day, and why are we catching them.

\\

Just in case the leprechaun wanted to read my blog books.
Which reminds me, ugggg, I am having the toughest time getting motivated to start
last years!!


Although they didn't catch any leprechauns, when the kids were in the basement, he did make quite a mess of the family room by taking pillows off the couch, throwing magazines around, etc. The kids loved it (and thankfully didn't ask for any gold).

1 comment:

KAY POPE said...

I love leprechauns - they are such intriguing creatures and can lead to so much fun. I love the wheat thin as bait!