The week before spring break, Ella got her first diorama grade back from Miss Bimm. The assignment was to read a book (Ella's was baa-choo) and then make a diorama depicting the story.
Ella had one other book report before and her book was rather hard to explain (think no true plot). This book was slightly better and after a bit of discussion, she knew what she wanted her diorama to look like.
Although I love to be near her when she does projects and crafts, I am definitely not a hovering mom. Heck, I am not creative so my 6 year old has much more creativity than me...why would I help her? ;)
She knew she wanted it to look like a barn. She made grass on the bottom and then once that dried, she mixed white and yellow together. Using small brush strokes (see, creative) she made the white and yellow mixture look like hay. She then painted half of the sides green for grass and half of it blue for the sky. She took my craft paper and glued it on the outside of the box (she only used my cloud paper which I thought was cool). Using Matthew's toy animals, she made a barn scene with a cow, hen, duck, horse, etc. It was so cute!
In fact, one of her classmates, Aida, wrote about Ella's diorama in her journal and how much she loved it. Yay Ella!
Ella got a perfect score on her project (and yes, I am pretty sure every student got a perfect score but who needs to know that right?)!
1 comment:
What wonderful speaking skills she is learning! Her project was awesome!
Post a Comment