Friday, March 16, 2012

Morning Routine

Pretty sure all of the bloggers out there will understand this post. There are just some things I don't want to forget and as I am thinking about starting Matthew's baby book (don't want to rush into, right?) I am already realizing how many little details I forget.

So I just had to blog about our morning routine and how different each kiddo is.

Matthew is always up first (6 or 6:30 is his time to get up...grrrr) and wakes up screaming. As much as we have told him to get up and play in his room, nope, he just screams! So one of us gets up and takes him downstairs where we let him watch TV until the spark kicks in. Once Matthew gets downstairs he is one happy guy, ready to go go go, play, laugh and scream with laughter (lots of shhhhhsss in the AM so he doesn't wake up the girls). These days Matthew enjoys peanut butter toast although that is not quite what it is...usually it is peanut butter face!

Ella always gets up next (around 7 or 7:30). She does not say hi or good morning. She runs right to the couch, buries her head in the couch and lays for about 5 minutes before she even says good morning. Then she is ready to go grab breakfast. She makes her own breakfast many times (cereal, toast, waffle, milk).

Laney gets up around 7:30 or 8. She runs down the stairs like every morning is Christmas morning. She whispers, "Mom/Dad, did you hear a Laney bug?" and then she hugs and kisses us right off the bat. Each day starts off with the biggest smile. Her breakfast is usually a waffle with peanut butter.

I had to write this at 7 AM since I am up with Matthew so I make sure I don't forget these mornings :)

3 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

So good you recorded this! It's funny how quickly routines can change and how easily it is to forget things...or maybe that's just me! :)For your sake I hope that the waking up screaming part of the routine is short-lived. I would imagine there are more pleasant ways to wake up, right? Or again, is that just me? Ha!

The Carrels said...

Katie wakes up screaming, too! It's awful. I tell her she doesn't have to yell so early in the morning...she says, but you can't hear me! so know you aren't alone in the wake-up screamer...check my blog for a quick post about how Katie wakes up...

KAY POPE said...

At least the night time routine is a bit easier, I believe!