Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pumpkin Fest

This past weekend we had one of our favorite families come visit us, the Sochockis. This is their second visit here so when their three kids came to our house, I could tell they felt comfortable and ready to play. The girls screamed with delight to see each other and the boys jumped around with joy.
 It was fun to watch them all play together.


Aiden and Matthew relaxing


Ella, Amanda and Laney quickly made it a tickle fest.




On Friday night, we had the Pumpkinfest at Terrace Park Elementary.
This is a yearly festival that has gone on since I was a kid (so like, um, forever).
This year was slightly different due to the construction of the new school so part of the activities were outside. Luckily the weather cooperated.


We did the cake walk first and we definitely had our plan carved out. I had been telling Ella about the cake walk and how fun it is because you can win a big, huge cake. Since there were 6 kids in our group and 15 numbers, our odds were pretty good at winning. Low and behold, Ella, the most excited about the cake walk, won the cake. There were about 70 cakes to choose from (no joke!) and she chose this one. She wanted a much bigger but one but given my lack of self control relating to sweets, I asked her to get a smaller one. She liked this pumpkin, and it was tasty!


Yay to cake!


After the cake walk, we headed inside for the games.
It is always a mad house in here but luckily we made it out of their quickly with our plethora of pringles chips, candy, suckers, erasers, whistles, etc.


Ella S throwing the ball. She won!
Laney always calls Ella S, Ella Sochocki, not just Ella.
It was a riot to hear the girls in the middle of the night chit chatting and Laney saying, Ella Sochocki wants to go home. Ella ended up falling right to sleep after this chit chatting and not needing to head to the hotel her parents were at :)



Of course the girls wanted their hair painted!



Look at Aiden...too cute!


Funny story: So we walked by the prizes you could win at this game and there were these annoying whistles.  I said, under my breathe, I am glad we don't have one of those. I should have known there were little ears around. Laney then said, "Mom, I am going to win one of those." In order to win, you had to get 4 of the 6 bean bags in the pumpkin's mouth. 
Little stinker Laney got 5 of the 6 in so an annoying whistle came home with us.


Thanks for coming, Sochocki family!
Can't wait to see you over Christmas break :)


Another attempt at a family picture and no worries, before you ask, Matthew did not hurt his forehead. Although a bad Nelly impersonation, he loves to wear bandaids!


Thanks for coming!!!

1 comment:

starfitch said...

OMG it took me to the end of the post to realize your Ella S is OUR Ella S too!!! Ella and Marielle played soccer together this fall and I just love their family. :-) No wonder!