For as long as I can remember, I have watched the Macy's Thanksgiving parade. In the past, the girls haven't really cared about it and although they might ooh and aah for about 2 minutes, they would quickly be off to something else.
This year was completely different. I turned the parade on once we got up (which was around 8:30 am...I know, right??) and we vegged out for about 2 hours watching the balloons, talking about the dancers and singers, and of course singing along. When the Rockettes came on I was telling the girls that to be a Rockette you have to be a certain height, certain weight, have long hair to wear up and other requirements. The girls were shocked and kept asking questions about the lovely Rockettes. Ella would rewind the Rockettes number and the girls, with our neighbor Jill, kept high kicking away. I mean, it was like 20+ minutes of practicing.
One of the funniest parts though was a musical number done by overweight old guys dancing around. I don't know what they were advertising but Ella looked over and asked, "Mom, do those guys have to be a certain height and weight?" Um, no Ella...just old and overweight apparently :)
The first round of their high kicks.
Matthew loves this dress......we have so much material to show his future girlfriends.
Matthew quickly turned the high kicks into the "let's kick the TV stand" game.
I knew I should be worried when I heard hi-yas!
I am not sure what she was doing but I think we can all agree she was having fun :)
In this picture, Jill & Ella are trying to figure out who the tallest dancer was :)
Then started kicking in a line like the Rockettes.
Definitely future Rockettes :)
2 comments:
Those are some leg kicks they have! Nice! I didn't see the Rockettes, but I did see the dudes who danced as well as the Carmel High School Marching Band. It was fun to see! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
The Rockettes are such an American tradition - I think they will be around forever. Gotta love Matthew in his ballgown. At least he improved his male image by kicking the TV stand...
Post a Comment