Saturday, November 19, 2011

He-man

Last weekend Jason was helping his mom sort through some of her attic and was beyond excited when he came across his old he-man collection. And when I say collection, I mean huge collection. There are things that move, things that fly, she-ra, skeletor, man-e-faces (my personal favorite) and way more!

I think Jason always envisioned passing these toys down to his son (even after checking ebay and the case alone was going for $80...hard to resist selling that..lol) but little did he know how much his daughters would love playing with them. It was fun to watch him bring out these toys and I was shocked how he remembered all of the name of these crazy, I mean, wonderful figurines.

All week the girls have loved playing with their "boy" ish toys, Matthew has enjoyed playing with the loudest monster possible (I am sure it has a name, but since it wasn't part of she-ra's gang I don't know the name), and Laney has loved dressing up the He-man. I even found She-ra on Netflix which honestly was a riot to watch.

I have the POWER!!! Who didn't love those shows?




Jason kept his collection is such great condition


This case alone was going for $80 on e-bay.
Crazy!


This red car thingy is so loud but Matthew loves watching the old school wheels turn.



This is the un-lady like position Ella was found in most of the day--putting the dolls, I mean, the he-mans in the cars and planes.


Matthew--did you really go for She-Ra first?
He believes in womens rights :)


I am for any toy that encourages play and keeps my kids entertained. Yeah, entertained is right!

5 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

Cute! It's funny how kids like anything that's new to them. Jason had quite the collection! Glad your kids are getting some use out of them now!

Kristi said...

Leslie, that is hysterical! What flashbacks... My brother Erik has an enormous He-Man collection in my parents' basement (along with GI Joe, etc.) and I'll be curious to see if any of the next generation of Helds gets to play with it all when they're older--or if it'll just be an excuse for HIM to play with it all again! I can't really criticize since my entire Barbie collection is stored there too and I haven't been able to part with any of it. Not sure how Tyler will feel about playing with those :) Hope you guys are having a great weekend!! I HAVE THE POWER!!

Ali said...

I loved my He-Man!! Mark and I actually watched a He-Man episode on Netflix and were cracking up!!

IUgirl78 said...

I totally loved She-Ra! I'm sure it won't be too long until they remake both She-Ra and He-Man and bring them back. So cool that Jason has the original collection, though!

KAY POPE said...

Attics are such treasure troves - glad that Jason's parents' attic held such fun.