Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Matthew is One



My youngest is now one! My youngest, my son, my last "first birthday" party to throw. It is so emotional to see my little man turn one but no worries, no sappy post here! Maybe I haven't accepted it? Maybe I can't believe that we made it through the first year? Who knows, but I do know that I love our little Matthew and can't imagine our family without him.

Favorite things:
--Grabbing the end of the toilet paper and crawling away (usually laughing all the way while we try to correct him),
--Pushing all the shampoo from the ledge of the shower into the tub and if his favorite shampoo falls into the tub, supports his body on the ledge of the shower (no feet on the ground) in order to reach into the tub to grab the shampoo,
--Climbing up the stairs (he is so sneaky but then once he gets up to the top he laughs and laughs). Many times he makes it to the top before I even knew he went all the way up (great mom, right?)
--Making kissing sounds (which sounds more like clicking)

Words: Dada, Mama, Da (dog), Nana
Loves to Clap and cruise furniture
Has 7 teeth
Foods: Cheese, chicken, carrots, peas, yogurt, tofu (no joke!), fruit, ok, anything!
Toy: my box of ziploc bags, the spice rack, the girls' markers (notice a theme that none of these are his toys!), his push truck

Weight: 21# 5 oz (30th percentile)
Height: 30" (50th percentile)

Continues to pull up and has let his hands go a few times. I think walking is still a month or so off because he is so stinkin' fast at crawling! If his crawling is any indication of his love for exploring, Matthew is going to be one of those kids that needs a backpack leash (you know, the kids I used to make fun of or feel so sorry for as they were leashed up. How ironic, right?)















Align Center







His time for bed pose



Look at me...I am ONE!!

10 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

I love all of the pictures! You captured so much of his personality by just watching him explore. Love the face plastered to the window--so cute!

Matthew, you are such a wonderful little guy. You have been such an easy-going kid (which proves my theory about boys being easier than girls), and you always have a smile on that cute little face of yours. I cannot wait until Reid is bigger and can run around the 'hood with you! Happy 1st Birthday, sweet boy!

Pigtail Mama said...

Happy Birthday, Matthew! I love all of the pictures, too. It's so fun see him doing different things. He is a busy boy, isn't he? I hope that he had a fantastic first birthday!

starfitch said...

He and Beckett are leading parallel lives with their faves. :-) I respectfully, totally disagree, Kristy...my boy is WAY harder than my girl at this age. Ha! Happy Birthday, Matthew!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday to Matthew! I can't wait to see him and Maggie walking around, so cute!

Leslie said...

I agree with Jess (sorry Kristy). Matthew is WAY harder than the girls (now the girls were really good babies...they slept great and played where they were supposed to..lol). Matthew, well, he is everywhere!! A happy guy, yes, but wow is he everywhere!!!

KAY POPE said...

I love how he has seamlessly become part of your wonderful family. Did the girls sing Happy Birthday to him? Looking forward to seeing all of you on Saturday.

IUgirl78 said...

Oh, yes--physically, boys are MUCH more work. Ryan was always into everything while Reese could be content playing with a string on the floor for hours. :) I was thinking more along the lines of temperment. But maybe that's just when they get a little older...

starfitch said...

I'm HOPING it switches up as they get older...I could use fewer fits and emotional meltdowns. I'm sure when he's 13 he won't stomp off to his room shouting "I hate you!" like she's going to do. :-)

Leslie said...

Sign me up for less drama!!! I am all about that :)

Ella and Caden said...

LOVE the picture with his little face smooshed against the window! So cute!

Happy Birthday Matthew!!