After a homemade breakfast for Father's Day, we decided that a good family outing would be at the Fort Wayne Zoo. We have only been a few times but it is incredibly kid friendly with all exhibits at their eye level. We got there about lunch time so after about 30 minutes of zoo time, we ate, and then spent another 3 hours exploring. There were so many new exhibits since we were there 2 years ago. Of course we grabbed Zesto on the way home (love their soft serve ice cream) and I was thanking whoever invented the car DVD players. Peace and quiet for two hours was a fabulous end to a great day!
I think something Jason really enjoyed was getting to play with our new zoom lens we got for our camera (we got it a few months back). We hadn't had a chance to try it out so today we both had fun trying to see how far back we could stand and still stay in focus. And you will quickly see how much Ella was in to posing for pictures today :)
The boat ride was a new exhibit for us.
It was a lot of fun for the kids (ok and for the adults too)
Matthew in the tunnel on the boat ride
Ella got hot, ripped off her clothes (you know she always has a swimsuit underneath just in case) and wouldn't you know it, there was a spray area behind us.
The girls were in need of some cool time.
Do you think she liked it?
Luckily I have learned to always pack an extra outfit for all kids so we had no issues with Laney getting drenched.
Playing in the water area, getting ready for jazzercise or just finishing a triathlon? Tough to tell :)
2 comments:
We are going to have to check out that zoo sometime this year. I've been to it as a kid, but I don't remember much about it. Your pictures make me want to go right now! I love that Ella is always prepared with her bathing suit. Gotta love it! I also loved looking at all of your pictures. What kind of lens did you get?
I'm so glad you had such a fun day. Happy Father's Day, Jason!
Joel and I loved your pictures! Where is the boat ride? Is that in the Australian part?? We usually start in the African Safari and are too exhausted to make it over there when it's hot. We will have to check it out!
All of Ella's poses cracked me up--especially the ones of her by the fence. And we both can't believe how big Matthew looks. Glad you guys had a great time!
Post a Comment