This year we did something we have wanted to do for years---have a Halloween party. And we didn't want it to just be for the kids. We asked the adults to dress up as well and wow did the adults have fun with it. From a family of pirates, to Mario and Luigi, to an 80's girl, to a nun and priest, to a race track, to a brown "I" girl, black eye "P", Octomom, bull rider and a scary man, the party was a success (and this was just the adults!). I didn't know how much effort the adults would put forth but oh my! Our friends did a great job, and we could tell had a lot of fun with the theme.
The kids also had fun costumes: princesses, Handy Manny, ballerina, turtle, Velma, Scooby, cheerleader, gymnast, pirate, pumpkin, skunk, fireman, dancer (I hope I didn't forget anybody).
So what were we? A bull rider, a skunk, a dancer, a ballerina and the octomom. There is another skunk in our picture above and the story of that mysterious doll will show up at a later date. I did have 8 babies safety pinned to the sling but after a while, the babies started falling off and were stuffed inside the sling.
Kristy was nice enough to take pictures of everyone so thank you, Kristy, for letting me use some of your great pics. My "hair" and my 8 baby dolls got in the way of taking good pictures.
The winner of the funniest costume:
Sister Mary Kristy (aka Kristy as a pregnant nun)
Father Joseph Joel
(Jason decided since Priests have such long names, it was
only fitting if Kristy and Joel got renamed)
Scooby and Velma
Get it?
Brown "I" girl
Black Eye "P"
Their cheerleader

Our pirate family
Matthew as the skunk
I could not get him to smile for his picture--he was buried in fur :)
That is one happy turtle
Molly as the pumpkin

The girls
Reese is that you?
My Laney Ballerina
We are back in the 80's
Jen was the winner of the prettiest award (for obvious reasons).
The blue eye shadow won over the judges.
Laney and Maureen hand in hand
My favorite dancer
I think Jason had as much fun as the kids did

Jason found somebody else in the same costume.
He instantly became Jason's new BFF.
Maureen and Laney at their favorite stop--Joel's :)
In preparation for my costume
Matthew with my 8 baby dolls

The octomom always has her hands full :)
7 comments:
Oh MY GOODNESS--these costumes are cracking me up!!!!! I have to say, your family's get-ups were totally hilarious. :) Looks like fun!
OMG...OTCOMOM! That is cracking me up!
Love the octomom! That was great! I also love Jen's dress- where can I pick one up? She is stylin'! I'm quite impressed with everyone's costumes- very creative. The only thing I'm wondering about is the sister/priest renaming thing. I'm a cradle Catholic and have never met any priests with two names (sisters, yes- and I guess Pope John Paul, but he was a pope). So, can we just call him Fr. JoJo? :)
Good point, Kel! Us non-Catholics tried :) Just assumed since the nuns in Sister Act had long names, the men did too. LOL. Nothing like getting my Catholicism knowledge from Whooopi :)
Seriously, the Octomom cracked me up! I thought that was way too clever. We had such a great time and thank you so much for hosting everyone. I'm sure it was a lot of work--especially when we all walk out of your house at 6 to go trick-or-treating and leave you behind to clean up our mess. Sorry about that!
Haha! I've never seen Sister Act, but I did work at a Catholic school in Rhode Island where the principal was Sister Mary Martha, and the teachers were all Sister Mary ________. Luckily we just eliminated the Mary from their names when we talked to them. :) Very confusing!
Post a Comment