Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Decisions, decisions, decisions

On the days I work, Jason and the kids always call me before they go to daycare. I love the ritual of the girls telling me what they are eating for breakfast, what they are looking forward to and the friends they are excited to see at daycare.

Well this week the call was quite different. Jason said that Ella was having a clothing dilemma. Anybody that knows Ella knows that this girl loves clothes. For instance, for church on Sunday she had on a grey dress with very tiny orange polka dots in the background. She saw this orange and picked out tights with orange, pink and blue tights . Did it match? In theory yes because of the orange but for the rest of the sited world, they did not.

Back to the story. Jason said Ella was upstairs crying over what to wear. Jason first suggested a long sleeve dress with leggings. She said, "I might get hot."

Then he suggested a short sleeve dress with leggings and she said, "I might get cold."

Then he suggested a short sleeve shirt, yoga pants and a sweater.
She replied, "I might get hot in the pants."

Then he suggested capri pants with a long sleeve shirt. She said, "I might get cold."

Then Jason said, "why don't you pack a pair of long pants in case you do cold?"
Ella said, "Maybe my teacher won't let me change." Hysterical!

How to you reason with a 4 year old who is ahead of her clothing time. :)

I had a woman to woman talk with her on the phone and after a discussion, she went back to the original outfit she started in (long sleeve dress with leggings).

And to think this is just the beginning of the clothing issues for us!

3 comments:

IUgirl78 said...

I have three words for you: Catholic school uniforms. Do you know how nice our mornings are now all because we don't have to worry about what to wear in the morning? That alone is worth the tuition!!!

That Ella just cracks me up!!!!

Leslie said...

Ummm...yeah Kristy.Somehow I doubt our husbands would agree that tuition would be worth less battles. They are cut from the same mold :)

Pigtail Mama said...

She is totally going to be the next Rachel Zoe, isn't she? :) That is quite a funny story! I love how she had an excuse for each outfit...too hot, too cold.... Thatta girl! I'm sure that Jason was very frustrated because we've had quite a few fights over here. Now Clare is getting in on it, too. Does Laney care what she wears? Agh! These girls. Hopefully Matthew will be your easy one when it comes to clothes. On second thought, I'm sure Ella will just be picking out his outfits!! :)