Friday, November 20, 2009

If you thought my family was weird before......

this will be the icing on the cake.

A few years ago, my parents had dolls made to look like both girls (their own hair color, eye color, etc). The dolls look only so-so like the girls but my parents thought it would be funny to have a doll made of my Grandma Jean. To say this doll looks like my Grandma Jean is an understatement! In fact when I saw this doll out of the corner of my eye, I swore it was Grandma Jean staring at me :)

Since Grandma Jean's doll (aka Little Jean) was spending too much time at my Grandma Jean's house, my aunts decided that she needed to travel. I believe she first went to Houston to spend some time with my Aunt Holly and Uncle Gene. Then she flew to North Carolina to spend time with Nancy and Jackie. She then was off to Connecticut to see Cindy (where Little Jean started training for a triathlon with my sister). With each trip comes hysterical pictures with interesting places Little Jean has been.

Well, Little Jean has come to the Willett Family household, the only household with little kids. Although she was only here about one month, here is what Little Jean has seen:


My grandma Jean and Lil' Jean
The resemblance really is quite amazing.



We tried to get Lil' Jean to carve a pumpkin but
she had a hard time holding the knife (darn opposable thumbs).
But when in doubt, just smile for pictures.
Her fantastic khaki pant suit is always appropriate for really any occasion.



Safety First!
Everybody needs a car seat in order to go for a car ride.



Lil' Jean was well fed



Ella wasn't so sure what to do with a doll that
was Matthew's size although wasn't really a "baby."
We figured the exersaucer would entertain her.



We thought Lil' Jean needed to remain grounded so
we had her participate in a can drive for our church.



What is Halloween without a costume?
Supplied by Nana Kay, Lil' Jean was a skunk
(funny that Matthew was a skunk too)

Thank you for visiting, Lil' Jean! You were able to stay in one piece and stay healthy, so for that, we are thankful. Off to Cincinnati for some fun times with my parents.

3 comments:

braun brothers said...

Can I admit that I'm scared? ;)

IUgirl78 said...

Oh...my...goodness. This post made me laugh!! I knew I was in for it when I clicked on Cindy's link and saw all of Little Jean's adventures with her. :) I love that Little Jean even participated in the food drive. What a good little heart that she has. And let me tell you, she rocks that khaki outfit!

This just made me smile as it reminded me of my dad's parents. They and their group of friends always talked about another couple--I can't think of their names now--but I later found out that the couple was not real. But they would even go so far as to send cards and flowers to funerals and make everyone laugh. I love that your family has Little Jean to bond with!

Pigtail Mama said...

Wow, that doll does look a lot like your grandma! That is too funny! I totally love that you pass her around and have her do things. Classic!

Have you ever read the book Flat Stanley? I'm sure you will soon. I read it with my second graders and then had them take a flat Stanley home with them. They had to record their adventures together. It was fun to see what they came up with. This reminds me of that assignment!

You are very creative! Glad little Jean had such a great time!