After a great, yet challenging, week in Tennessee we are back. Jason and I have been going there with my parents for probably the past 5-6 years (I have gone since I can remember) and we must say, it was a much easier and relaxing trip without a newborn. The girls had a great time swimming, riding horses, playing in the sand, playing with their grandparents, fishing, feeding fish, etc but Matthew was not quite as flexible as I had hoped!
After getting flipped "the bird" 3 times (2 times within a minute span) Jason drove us home safe and sound. More about getting flipped off at a later date :) The drive from Crossville, TN to our house is supposed to take 6 hours and it took us only 6 hours 25 minutes! The kids did awesome on the way home and Laney kept her undies dry the whole way. In fact, we only made two stops (each less than 10 minutes)--one for a quick potty break for Ella and the second was a drive thru for dinner and potty break for both girls. Matthew took two bottles on the way home (thank goodness for the second row jump seat where I could just get in the back and feed him).
Here is a quick collage I put together but will hopefully post on vacation in the next few weeks. I know some of the pics are small but if you are dying to see them in larger size, just double click. With the girls starting pre-K and preschool this week, I am sure I will need to do that post first :)

5 comments:
Glad you are back safe and sound. I love that picture of you and Matthew. Traveling with a 2 month old leaves a lot to be desired...we found that out this summer too.
Welcome home! I LOVE the picture of you and Matthew, and the collage is so neat! How did you do that? I can't wait to hear all about the trip...and the first days of school, too!
I love the collage, Leslie! Did you do that in Picasa? Speaking of, I'm going to download that and start using it for photo storage. I might need a tutorial. :)
I cannot wait to hear more about the trip! I wish Matthew had slept a little better for you so you could've enjoyed your trip a little more. It sounds like you really crammed a lot in while you were there, though!
Glad you made it home safely!
Yes, the collage was made in Picassa. I just love that program! It's also the program I used to do MJ's birth announcements. And of course I will help you, Kristy! I would love to (only if you repay in applesauce..LOL).
I LOVE the one of you and Matthew! That one has to go up on the wall! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! I assume Jason took that one?
Post a Comment