Friday, September 11, 2009

Here is a tree house Jason should build



My parents came across this odd Tree House last year and we decided it was worth the 30 minute drive to check it out. It is located in Crossville, TN and is called The Way Tree House.

A minister who owns the land was spoken to and decided to build this 5-story tree house/church, which is quite a thing to behold. In a way it reminded me of Noah's Arc, as strange as that sounds. Although there were many "no trespassing" signs upon the entrance we trudged forward since we heard this was something we had to see. Boy was it ever!

Everything was made from scrap wood so the corners are not precise (to say the least) and there are some off-kilter stairs and weird angles throughout--a paranoid mother's nightmare. In fact, my mom was with us and we made sure she had Ella's hand, Jason had Laney's hand and I was so nervous I took myself and Matthew down after making it only to the chapel (yes, a chapel) on the second story.

There is a wedding being performed in the Way Tree House in October of this year. In this chapel were pews, a stain glass window, a nail sticking out of a pew and a pair of dirty socks by the altar--not sure the last 2 are things you see at all chapels. Jason and I chuckled because we could only imagine the bride telling her Grandma that she would be getting married in a tree house where if you make a wrong turn you could end up 1) in a room with an old, rusty bathtub 2) a stair well with empty cans of kerosene 3) an opening where you could fall out of the tree house (literally). But definitely a place to consider if we renew our vows ;)

At the very top of the tree house, there are chimes you can ring (or so I was told since once again, I was way too paranoid) and as you look over the beautiful fields you can see Jesus written in flora. There was a swing made of rope, duct tape and an old lawn chair for the kids (or adults) you can get on! Ummm yeah, I opted to not let the kids ride this....it was comical though.

As described online, this tree house is awesomely weird.




To put the enormity of the tree house in perspective.
That little dot is Matthew and myself.





The chapel



The girls and Nana Kay swinging in the chapel.
Do all chapels have a swing?

4 comments:

Pigtail Mama said...

Wow! That is super impressive! I don't blame you for not going up in it. I would've been too nervous, too! What a neat place, although I don't think it would be at the top of my list for a wedding. My luck it would fall down during the ceremony! Glad you were able to see it in person!

braun brothers said...

Oh my goodness--that is one crazy big treehouse! Cool! :)

IUgirl78 said...

Alright--when are the boys getting started? I'm guessing some beers were involved in the first construction, hence the odd angled corners. I'm sure our boys could take the crooked house/tree house to a whole new level!

I really do think it's amazing that this minister decided to build such a contraption. How neat that you got to check it out!

Doesn't love a wall said...

OMG thats the coolest thing I've seen in a while!!!! i want to go!