Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Matthew is 1 month!



How can my baby Matthew be one month already? He has fit just perfectly into our family, and I honestly can't imagine our family without him! For all those that ask, so far going from 1-2 kids was a MUCH bigger adjustment than going from 2-3 kids. I have only done this three kid thing for one month but I feel so much more at ease with three than I did with two. I mean, I took all three kids to the Children's Museum today! I never would have done this with Ella or Laney at one month of age! I would have been too worried they would have cried, spit up, pooped, etc but this time around I know those things are going to happen regardless and that I need to relax and go with the flow.

~ Although his official doctor's appointment isn't until Tuesday, his weight from our baby scale shows 10# 8 oz.

~ The inevitable question of sleep: For the past 6 nights, he has gone down at 9pm, up at 4AM, then back up at 7AM. For all those with young babies I know what you are going to say but remember you still like me :)

~ He takes ~ 3-4 naps/day and only takes these in his crib or in the sling.

~ He hates his car seat. I mean hates it!!! This is new territory for me as the girls always loved their seats. I hope it passes soon since we have a trip to Cincinnati this weekend and a trip to Tennessee in the near future. But it does prove that he has strong lungs!

~ This past week Matthew started getting baby acne. It always looks much worse than it really is but it has led me to make most of his pics black and white or sepia.

~ Matthew's hair is starting to get a hint of red. Will we have another fiery red head on our hands?



The pink bunny that both girls had their pics taken with
at the beginning of each month.
To be the third and to be a boy--stuck with a pink bunny :)











No more pics, Mom!
His look says it all :)

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

He is a cutie! I can't believe he sleeps so well...I still like you, but its hard:) Sounds like he is doing great!

IUgirl78 said...

Oh my...is he already 1 month old??? I love all of the pictures...I can't pick a favorite one! It really does seem like he just fits right into your family. I am so impressed that you took all THREE kids to the Museum by yourself. I agree--I never would've done that with my two. You're a rockstar mom!

Abby said...

Cute! What good cheeks he has and yeah for sleep! You are lucky.

Anonymous said...

That last one is too funny :) Time is just flying!!! He's a doll!

Emily said...

That last one confirms that he and Laney are little twinkies!

Pigtail Mama said...

No! He can't be a month already. Wow. Time does fly, especially when you're sleep deprived, I'm sure. :) He is SO adorable, Leslie. The pictures are all so cute, baby acne or not. What a sweet little guy you have there! I hope he did well on your trip to Cincy in his carseat!

Patty said...

You are really blessed! He is beautiful, and such a sleeper!! You know I am sooo jealous!! Could I send my kids to the Willett's sleep camp for about a week?!! Seriously, I am so glad he is fitting in, and another redhead might be good, being the only boy he'll need a bit of th redhead personality to get a word in!! Can't believe it's been a whole month!!